What Castrol engine oil is this?

RigerZ

Nov 19, 2012
Subang
A friend showed me this bottle which he bought for his upcoming service but the packaging is not like Castrol's other products. Someone suggested it may be a Tection series oil but the Tection oils I could search doesn't look like this either.
Was my friend cheated or something?

Attachments

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
old stock castrol gtx

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
A friend showed me this bottle which he bought for his upcoming service but the packaging is not like Castrol's other products. Someone suggested it may be a Tection series oil but the Tection oils I could search doesn't look like this either.
Was my friend cheated or something?
Same dude from Lowyat? Hehehe.. That Tection fella was me. But I'm quite sure I'm wrong. Everyone here seems to think it's the old packaging.

If it's so old that no one has seen it before, it's possible your friend got cheated. But need to see the manufacturing date stamp on the bottle.

RigerZ

Nov 19, 2012
Subang
Same dude from Lowyat? Hehehe.. That Tection fella was me. But I'm quite sure I'm wrong. Everyone here seems to think it's the old packaging.

If it's so old that no one has seen it before, it's possible your friend got cheated. But need to see the manufacturing date stamp on the bottle.
Small world :rofl:

But well probably the only thing my friend can do is not go back there again. He bought it while he was in his hometown but already came back to KL

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I found this overseas packing, this oil rated SH
When the big GTX words get replaced with something like EXTRA, you cant help but suspect its counterfeit....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Small world :rofl:

But well probably the only thing my friend can do is not go back there again. He bought it while he was in his hometown but already came back to KL

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

When the big GTX words get replaced with something like EXTRA, you cant help but suspect its counterfeit....
There was one oil with the word "Extra" but cannot remember whether it was Castrol or not. However there was another packing before the current one which was rated SL if not mistaken....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the looks department, the New FLX remains identical to the recently launched FL, which by itself, is a vast improvement over the first gen Saga. The 2 important difference lies in the CVT transmission and an improved engine breathing through the IAFM intake.

Photos and Report by Alvin Lee...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience