weird sound on 4300rpm++

wilm3

500 RPM
dear sifus,

when my car rpm reached in between 4300 and 4700 rpm there will be a weird sound from the engine but not always ..... i wonder its belt losen or bearing worn out??? the sound is almost same like fan belt losen but i hv asked my mechanic to adjust the belt ....but the problem still persists....can any body tell wat's the annoying sound?? tq...

belt dry out maybe...
try to spray it with belt spray...(don't spray with other matterial...only with belt oil or spray, i don't know the exact name, but mech should know)

Last edited:
chinozie said:
belt dry out maybe...
try to spray it with bely spray...(don't spray with other matterial...only with belt oil or spray, i don't know the exact name, but mech should know)

ok...will try it out..tq...

chinozie said:
belt dry out maybe...
try to spray it with bely spray...(don't spray with other matterial...only with belt oil or spray, i don't know the exact name, but mech should know)

yupp, correct...previously me faced same issue as you mention...

hi ...i also have a wierd sound..but not at 4300 rpm..but when throttle is released..like bunyi berdengung..nguungg..everytime ram..its ok..but when release the throttle paddle..the sound exist..is it because timing belt bearing /tensioner gun also

Engine bearing Kau tim!

Time to look for another crankshaft and also con-rod!

Bro wilm3,

what the sound like??......if u heard "tak ta tak tak tak" that is normal due to the 20v engine sound, if u hearing " Yiiikiiiyyyeyyyyiii " while u accerelate, check ur belt, which belt u ask ur mechanic to adjust??....did he adjust the fan and the alternator belt???..check both. inspect the belt does it got any crack or not??? if crack just change it, don't wait till serious things happen then regret. Do check with the two pulleys which is beside the alternator and aircon pump there.

If u hearing the heavy sound like " kankkanakankaaaann " on the idleling mean the engine bearing kau tim liao....

I also face similiar problem around 4K rpm. The engine feels like jerking jerking, but when "tekan" the padel, damn syok lo.

synchron said:
Engine bearing Kau tim!

Time to look for another crankshaft and also con-rod!

bearing kong??...no $$$ how to change?? anyway how much for the crankshaft n con rod? tq

trd_ae92 said:
Bro wilm3,

what the sound like??......if u heard "tak ta tak tak tak" that is normal due to the 20v engine sound, if u hearing " Yiiikiiiyyyeyyyyiii " while u accerelate, check ur belt, which belt u ask ur mechanic to adjust??....did he adjust the fan and the alternator belt???..check both. inspect the belt does it got any crack or not??? if crack just change it, don't wait till serious things happen then regret. Do check with the two pulleys which is beside the alternator and aircon pump there.

If u hearing the heavy sound like " kankkanakankaaaann " on the idleling mean the engine bearing kau tim liao....

not "tak tak tak tak lor..." i think more to "yik yik yik yek yek lor..." while the rpm reached 4300-4700....after tat range then back to normal ...no annoying sound...lor...

may be really belt losen....will get mechanic to check again...tq

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom