Weird problem

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
on the last dyno 2 days ago , we manage to hit 195WHP on our track car but the car lost compression and the car need to be tow back to workshop , after dismantle the head we found this

what kind of problem can cause this damage to the cylinder head?

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
thats a blown head gasket... change it to metal type and this should never occur again.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
overheat can cause this problem too. ignition timing way off perhaps?

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
2 things can happened.

1 the cylinder is enlarge and the workmanship crap...because cylinder enlargement need very precise engineering work....

2 you buuy this halfcut from a dishonest seller...

3. you really need to know how to drive correctly not to blow your engine again ...hahaa:rofl:

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
oh well, according to a friend which having same problem like mind , running too rich/lean(i forget which one @_@) will cause the head become like that

Last edited:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
mmm..:confused:
from the pic the head gasket only blown..
not the head get blown..
just change to new gasket & ok..
no need to rebuild..
use metal head gasket better..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
looks more like someone sabotaged ur stuff , seems weird, there is another same head over here in my workshop in klang@meru , errr is it u ?

peterfrancis

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Had a similar thing happen to my 4G93 head gsaket before, due to running waaay too (can't remember if too rich or too lean) for waaay too long. The pistons had even melted a bit and scratched the cylinder walls.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
is it just the gasket ? from here look deeper :rofl:

but if just the gasket, then is small matter nia....what i see is like till the wallside lio...

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
well, usually blown head gasket won't damage the cylinder head like that :confused:

sigh , need to rebuild the engine again
i got 2-3 customer got problem like this. this happen when

1.) head gasket putus and still run the engine and make cylinder head to loose compression.
2.) check torque for cylinder head skru maybe not in spec
3.) need to see top of the block if got sign of compression leaking need to skim the block if not u will get the same problem again.
4.) for the cylinder head u can sent to machine shop for welding alloy and then need to skim.
5.) the metal gasket quality cannot support ur hi comp engine.
6.) i seen ur valve colour not same mean ur compression might not equal to each cylinder. ur a/f ratio will not get perfect each cylinder.

Bump:
oh well, according to a friend which having same problem like mind , running too rich/lean(i forget which one @_@) will cause the head become like that
it maybe too , look at ur spark plug colour. it look to lean bro.

i build and dyno many near 200hp 4G93 dont have problem like this if u got the correct spec like i mentioned above. :biggrin:

Last edited:

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
looks more like someone sabotaged ur stuff , seems weird, there is another same head over here in my workshop in klang@meru , errr is it u ?
uhm , nop

my workshop is in butterworth

@slipar
that was what i think after dismantle the head , just blown gasket
BUT after some inspection , the head become like that @_@.

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
my mech made his conclusion , he said once ur head gasket blows, dont drive it around like that, water n air will keep sipping thru tht broken gasket part n slowly eat the head, head is aluminium only

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience