weird idling problem...need help !!!

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Could you just test with a similar ECU to troubleshoot?

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
might be some where along the intake manifold is leaking.... try checking all the pipe connect to the manifold..

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
Could you just test with a similar ECU to troubleshoot?
ya...tats wat i wanna do next...might be the ecu....not too sure...will try to swap the 3rd throttle body n see how....

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

might be some where along the intake manifold is leaking.... try checking all the pipe connect to the manifold..
try check all the pipe connect to the manifold...at first i suspected was air leakage...but if there is a leak...rpm will goes up n wont go down..my problem is it will go down...drive like no problem...suddenly will goes up again...sometimes...it works fine for few days before same problem come back again....

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
when a manifold vacum leak the idle will go up and down... try seach in net for example of vacum leak. i am having the same problem now also.... suspect is manifold vacum leak..

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
trying changing the throttle body as well as the idling sensor. For my case, I have changed >5x idling sensor as the mechanic got the 2nd hand ones. If there is an air leakage, you should feel the car will have no power at all but this is not the case right? If problem still persists after trying all the above, you should try to test on a used ECU to further confirm your doubt.

ya...tats wat i wanna do next...might be the ecu....not too sure...will try to swap the 3rd throttle body n see how....

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

try check all the pipe connect to the manifold...at first i suspected was air leakage...but if there is a leak...rpm will goes up n wont go down..my problem is it will go down...drive like no problem...suddenly will goes up again...sometimes...it works fine for few days before same problem come back again....

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
thanks for the advice GSR06....need to consult my mech again...see wat is the problem...been 1 month...went to few mech...no one can solve....heheheh

this idling do disturb my normal driving...when u drive....u let go ur accelerate pedal...the car move by itself becoz rpm is at 3000 at idling....irritating n also kill off my petrol...temperature also went up sometimes....

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
bro...are u using open pod air filter?is the fan direct blow air to air filter causing ur air flow sensor to rise up the rpm?i had this problem once...

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
bro...are u using open pod air filter?is the fan direct blow air to air filter causing ur air flow sensor to rise up the rpm?i had this problem once...
yup..im using open pod filter....but i already relocate my battery in the middle...and my air filter position in the original battery place.....where it is near to the original air ram from the car....

i dont think it is hot air...but i know i just change my air flow sensor...becoz engine check light out...when i plug into the computer...it shows BARO pressure sensor...so i suspected was the air flow sensor...so i change it...engine check light went off...fault code no more....so i guess my air flow sensor is running fine now after i change to a used one n solve the engine fault code problem....

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
No problem...this forum is for us to share what we know and hopefully, the tips can help everyone who has the similar issue. I am interested to know also as I had similar issue last time....please let us know once you have identified the culprit :P

thanks for the advice GSR06....need to consult my mech again...see wat is the problem...been 1 month...went to few mech...no one can solve....heheheh

this idling do disturb my normal driving...when u drive....u let go ur accelerate pedal...the car move by itself becoz rpm is at 3000 at idling....irritating n also kill off my petrol...temperature also went up sometimes....

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
i got this problem too with my putra 4g93...idling problem also...just serviced the throttle body and the problem gone...its due to the carbon block the throttle body holes...hope this helps

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
if i were you, the next step is swap an ecu because besically you have done everything. like my case, due to few kaki burned in one of the IC that attached on the ecu, the problem was on and off.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Everything is possible la...no harm swapping an ECU to test it out...this is to at least confirm it is alright and you can focus on other things without assuming it.

check out this post...im gonna try this method and see whether it will solve the problem anot...becoz ecu wont easily spoil...becoz i changed the throttle body...so i suspected something wrong with the throttle body.....

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...6-throttle-body-modification.html#post3986636

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
havent had the time to send to the workshop...but i try to take out my throttle body....put the whole thing into a bucket of petrol n let it overnight...but it still the same....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There might be field hockey and ice hockey but, as anybody that has seen both games played, they share as much in common as a bikini and full-body wetsuit. Another more worthy example for these pages might be Formula One and Nascar.

Though the two might not be associated at all, sharing sponsors has made the jump a little less harsh on the knees lately, especially since Juan Pablo Montoya made the leap...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience