Wanna buy foglight or spotlight.. which one is the best option?

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
Guys,need yr advice, I wanna buy spotlight or foglight to brighten my night driving experience.. i am unsure whether to buy raybrig or piaa spotlight or projector foglight ..
Pls advice.. my ride's ae111 headlights not so bright even my missus wira seems brighter at night..

fyi.. roads i usually drive have some street lights or no street light at all so really need better illumination...
thanks for the advice in advance..:adore:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Guys,need yr advice, I wanna buy spotlight or foglight to brighten my night driving experience.. i am unsure whether to buy raybrig or piaa spotlight or projector foglight ..
Pls advice.. my ride's ae111 headlights not so bright even my missus wira seems brighter at night..

fyi.. roads i usually drive have some street lights or no street light at all so really need better illumination...
thanks for the advice in advance..:adore:
i'm also want to know because this days, the difference between fog and spot light are blurred.... no pun intended

but one thing for sure, do not use more than 4000k color bulb on your fog/spot lamp... higher than that will proved useless in foggy/rainy conditions

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
fog lights = spray light to side n very short distance. more for ppl to be able to see u from far than for u to see anything further than 10m

spot lights = beam either has pencil type beam or cone type beam.

I'm using hella FF50s (driving light variant) n its great on hiways. its sort of hi beam which shoots a narrow cone of light straight out n glares so u can see people or things on the side of road. i put a glare shield on mine so it now has less glare.

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
so if i have 3 choices ,which one is best to see clearer at night...
1. raybrig spotlight
2.piaa spotlight
3.projector spotlight
:hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if me surely opted for projector light....

atleast it wasn't glaring ppl in front since most projector got glare shield installed....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
HID projector for spotlight (auxilary driving lights) or halogen yellowish foglights.

Depends on your application. Spotlight provides extra illumination far up. If you are doing spirited/high speed driving at night, this is good as it increases your range of vision giving you more time to react and more comfortable. Projector are best for this as you can aim the beam far without causing excessive glare to oncoming people. And HID is best with this. But remember to get projectors meant for HID.

If you always drive in bad weather (rain, fog, etc), get halogen foglamps. projector or reflector doesn't matter but if you plan to get projector, get projectors meant for halogen. Fog lamps illuminate the road immediately in front and side of you giving you clear short range vision. But sacrifice far range. But HIDs and white lights are not suitable for fog lamps. Get yellowish ones.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
this is what i have been contemplating wif myself...
either to get spotlight or foglight...thinking to have better vision at night at all weather condition.
plus i dunno where to get a reputable installer...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
For me, I'd save up and get both. Projector saves space. So even you have both, it just uses up the same amount of space or less as old style foglamps.

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
thanks for the advice guys.. gonna put both onto my car....hahhaa..hahaa. macam kereta berhias la pulak kalo on all the lights...:biggrin:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
if want best of both worlds...Bosch micro DE oso not bad...or even better get waja cps projectors. they are bright! and if police stops u...can say bang...ni dari waja cps la. dont forget....if u get projectors...need to diy install. not an ez job. mine took about a year to finish retrofitting cos waiting for all the various parts to arrive. now i rarely turn on my hellas. the projectors more than enuff light. frog jumping across the road at 100m oso can see the shadow.

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
thanks for the advice guys.. bought myself a subaru bumper with spotlight already... hahaha..2-1 remedy..change my car look n got myself a nice set of big spotlight as well...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Friends

How to get waja Auto Flip Side Mirror with LED Signal?
If you have info, please inform me..

Regards
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience