Waja Vibrate

Shamanraj

Known Member
May 4, 2006
Guys,

I am a new user. Nice site. Anyways, i am having a mild problem with my Waja 1.6. Whenever i stop and i am still in D (auto trans)...my cars tend to vibrate alot. RPM seems to be below 1000 at around 700revs. What could be the problem? Maybe i should flush the ATF?

nonameNo

Mar 23, 2006
first thing you can do is send for engine tuning. Normally when you engage to "D" mode, your RPM should be around 800rpm and above.

remember to tune the engine - with & without the air-cond turning ON.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah yah... send for tuning... ur idle rpm gone down adi lor... thats why shaking... normal problem lar... this kinda thing easily lari one, especially on carbie engine...

nd_summer

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
i think u should send to check the engine main mounting located at the near to belt area...this nothing wrong with the timing. Waja will having this kind of comment problem..

Last edited:

Shamanraj

Known Member
May 4, 2006
well i dont think its the mounting cause when i hit it into N, vibration goes away...it must be the timing or the gear box

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Is your Waja still new and under warranty? If yes, better send for check. If no then only you ask for advise from here, such that which mech is good on this or where to tune and solve the problem...

Shamanraj

Known Member
May 4, 2006
nolah....4.5 years ready lah....waranty takda lagi

Shamanraj

Known Member
May 4, 2006
maybe need to flush the ATF...cause it feels heavy anyways.....cause already 70000km......maybe flush with 10litres of ATF and get all the dirt and grime out? Any suggestions?

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Did you change your gear oil? If not mistaken is every 2 luboil change, the third luboil change is the time to change gear oil also. If can you have to DIY on your air filter also by cleaning it using a cloth.

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
For optimum performance, automatic transmission fluid (ATF) should be changed every 30000miles (48000km). The filter should also be changed at this point. Some cars these days come with Dexron III which is said to be good for 100000miles but that's at your own risk.

Change your fluid first and see how things go since you're way overdue for a fluid change anyway. Automatic transmissions are very sensitive to the fluids that are put into them so also make sure you use what the manufacturer recommends.

Auto transmissions can burn out if the fluid and filter isn't changed so beware...

nd_summer

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
since we cannot give u a prefect answer based on our 2cent ... i think you should check with ur SC..

beetee

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
Wisconsin
hmm waja prob.. i too have this prob on my 2003 waja..exact same prob. and my friends have it.. so common that we've come to a conclusion thats its a manufacturing default..sent to EON.. they said nothing is wrong.. anyway i sold it off anyways. my driver side has a noticebly loud wind sound when doing 60-80kmph.. again EON said it couldnt be fix. by 2004 my driveshaft has been making some terrible sounds. got fed up and sold the car..

ivanlim84

May 16, 2006
i m driving a waja too..i face this problem too bro 2 yrs back..mine s worst..i drive at the T-junction then when in the middle the whole car shake then mati engine..die la.in the middle of the road but can start back..i went to do tuning then ok d..maybe u should try before mati engine in the middle of the road..hehe

ntc2000

Known Member
Sep 30, 2005
ok...bro....u can get some clue in Autoworld forum under waja thread.... This issue also known as common problem for waja....

1st ===> check ur waja tuning 1st.....
2nd===> check ur waja mounting...... normally shaking due to main mounting.....
3rd ===> if both the above is not the issue, then only try to try for the ATF.... but i think is not cause by ATF...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Where you Proton drivers normally service your car? Any proton car owners..
coz i got my new saga this year.. early this year i think.. Still new kua.. So i can still get it serviced at proton.. So juz wondering whether u all normally send it to proton service centers or u send to others places i.e. your own mechanics?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience