vr4 problem...

apisanif

Jul 11, 2005
sri kembangan
ok..i dunno y my engine running like motorboat..bobobobobo...jerking...'makan' fuel..something wrong with my car???pls..help me.. :confused:

jinkl-

check ur plugs
ur running rich i guess
thts y got obobobobobo
check ur plugs first
then if u got fuel pressure gauge , let us know lar whts the reading
if dont have gauge then go fix mar :P 25 bucks only

lekalo

Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
jinkl- said:
check ur plugs
ur running rich i guess
thts y got obobobobobo
check ur plugs first
then if u got fuel pressure gauge , let us know lar whts the reading
if dont have gauge then go fix mar :P 25 bucks only
wah.. VR4 consultant has spoken!
I agree with jin. Mebbe yr plugs. But nice what "obobobo" saun! Like Impreza lah! kakaka! Oh, might as well, if u haven't, replace yr fuel filter too.

apisanif

Jul 11, 2005
sri kembangan
owh..ok thankx..tomorrow i'll check it..nice sound but very lagging n slow...can vr4 sounds like subaru??

lekalo

Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
entah.. sum ppl say cabut 1 plug, make it run on 3 cylinders, then...there u go! Instant boxer! But doesn't go like a boxer. Condemn engin only!

apisanif

Jul 11, 2005
sri kembangan
3rd gear also have problem with my car..it's sounds like crack when shift it fast..damn..im using 1.5 gearbox..any recommended gear box for my putra car??

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
yeah...check ur plugs 1st...last time my car jerk like shit...1st gear damn @#$%^& teruk....
after changing plugs...wah...bcome normal inline 4 engine edi..if not like boxer woo...2day i check n i found out tat my plug cable also kong....sigh...FC damn high

killerloop25

Aug 31, 2004
What wirings do you have on your VR4? Hopefully its not the VR4 wiring which was kahwin with your standard wiring. If so then you've a big problem in troubleshooting your problems.
From your pervious postings of you using a 1.5 gearbox already signals early warnings of more problems to come ahead. A 1.5 gearbox basically can't take the amount of torque being produce by such a big engine. Furthermore, what happened to your standard putra gearbox? That would had been a better choice.
The problem with the VR4 engine which I find is to be of the right kind of wiring to go with it. Either you slap on all of the Galant wirings including the dashboard wirings, aircond wirings and etc. It will look messy behind the dash but there's a high possibility that you won't encounter any jerking or idiling problems. Or you could go straight for the Evo wirings but its better to have it come in a complete set or just go straight for the stand alone ECU.

jinkl

May 22, 2004
lekalo : vr4 consultant mau kena hantam ka hehehe ..

ur problem could be alot bro ,
1.5 gb , could be ur clutch is already slipping like hell and cause jerkings
i mean becarefull , hard launching with such gb , vr4's using 9" flywheel n clutch plates
1.5gb 8" ah ? not sure , but should be 8 or less. It of cos cant grip it bro . And with hard lanches , u can break ur gb , crack ur flywheel , crack ur clutch plates.

but if u want to see ur plugs
buy a opener
open the plugs , see if all hitam n bakar teruk or not
if yes then bye bye plug lar.
or could it be ur car running on 2-3 pistons ?
like this
open ur hood , start engine
pull out a plug cable , see if idling changes
then put back and try the rest one by one
if one of it doesnt make idling diffrence then errr
can be ur distributor , coils , cables , tht certain plug

but ur car no Check Engine wor , should be PLUG :P
or FUEL

MitonCT26

Seremban
i have no problems with wirings so far,

be it VR-4, EVO, piggyback or management.

either the plug shorted, cable shorted or ignitor power unit gone case.

lekalo

Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
I agree with killerloop, 1.5 gearbox on a VR4 cannot handle la. Summore your driveshafts sure patah soon.But heard some ppl using even 1.3 carbie gearbox! Sprint memang power, but soon thereafter, condemn. But supposedly these boxes are so cheap and widely available, so they don't care. Got money to throw.
I heard 1.6 from 4G92 also ok to use.. Best use the Wira 2.0 diesel lah. Very robust. Can withstand a lot of punishment (also I heard lerr..).

lekalo

Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
jinkl said:
lekalo : dunt lie lerr , which gb actually under ur hood last time
ehehehekk... on VR4 last time I use EVO3 with LSD gearbox.. but due to the complications (must weld lock the 4wd system), the thing kept slipping at high boost like shyte. So, ppl recommend to use a natural 2wd gearbox which'll be less problematic hence the wira diesel punya! but never got to that! hehehehe!

apisanif

Jul 11, 2005
sri kembangan
lekalo said:
ehehehekk... on VR4 last time I use EVO3 with LSD gearbox.. but due to the complications (must weld lock the 4wd system), the thing kept slipping at high boost like shyte. So, ppl recommend to use a natural 2wd gearbox which'll be less problematic hence the wira diesel punya! but never got to that! hehehehe!
my car still vr4 wiring..my computer box already condemn..cant boost higher than 1.7...i think i wanna change all my stuff to suitable one..how much 4 2.0 diesel gb??r this is the most suitable for vr4??