Viva braking problem & rattling noise on uneven surface

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi sifus

I have a 2009 viva 1.0L. When braking, I notice that the car is shaking (im sure not the engine revving problem or what, its the brake). It is like gup gup gup.. (duno how to describe it :confused:) it has certain interval, like the brake disc has uneven surface.

Plus, it also produce annoying steel rattling noise on uneven surface. I think this might be the solution found over google: DIY: Repair Perodua Myvi/Viva Brake Caliper Noise ~ Car Enthusiast: Car Modification | DIY | 2ZZGE,4AGE,4G93T,JBJL,4G13,4G15
If I press the brake, the noise disappear, when release the brake it comes back (when the car is moving)

Someone here face the same problem? Please do share. Thanks in advance.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure if it is good to apply the white tape. Not all will have same clearance. Too much and the caliper not free moving. That floating pin is for caliper to travel. Brake and release.

Coming to your vibration, probably you need to skim your disc. But nowadays many mention after market disc are cheap, so maybe replace is better.....:driver:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Not sure if it is good to apply the white tape. Not all will have same clearance. Too much and the caliper not free moving. That floating pin is for caliper to travel. Brake and release.

Coming to your vibration, probably you need to skim your disc. But nowadays many mention after market disc are cheap, so maybe replace is better.....:driver:
Perodua Viva Disc Brake Caliper Sliding Guide Pin - Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Ipoh, Perak

Found this at Mudah. This might resolve the problem. Anyone tried?

You mention about replacing the disc. Only disc or the whole thing (disc + caliper)? Or maybe the disc ok but caliper problem? :confused:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Perodua Viva Disc Brake Caliper Sliding Guide Pin - Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Ipoh, Perak

Found this at Mudah. This might resolve the problem. Anyone tried?

You mention about replacing the disc. Only disc or the whole thing (disc + caliper)? Or maybe the disc ok but caliper problem? :confused:
Yup, that is the pin. You can replace and try...

If vibrate when apply the brake usually is the disc problem. Caliper usually is the piston jam, and that can be service. Caliper usually last a long time...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as the above topic...can these be done???how much roughly the cost???can fit easily??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience