[Urgent] Brake Pump Question

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
:X-: I think my car brakes got problem la, That day i was at ss2 traffic jam near the bridge , as usual i rolling down the bridge without stepping on the accelerator, its hardly 20kmph, i think below that, suddenly one car in front emergency stop, so also hentam the brakes la, to my HORROR brake tak makan so i tarik gear 1, my car kept rolling brake feel like sponge, luckly i was quite a distance from the other car b4 my car really came to a stop. So i was wondering, is it my brake pump problem or other issue? Btw my car wira efi 1.5 i found out that when i switch off the air con, my brakes a bit more makan. Whats the problem, still cant figure it out! And is it save to install a 1.8 brake pump into my car? i heard that my fren say if 1.8 brake pump, the brake too makan the car can skid when on raining days and brake pads faster over heat! :shocked: Need to fix this problem asap, had some close calls lately.

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
The best thing you should to is have a mechanic check it out.. maybe there's leak somewhere?? then maybe can try using better pads, and steel brake lines.. brakes may get spongy when its hot...

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
better get it checked dude.....
no brakes = dangerous....

btw...
1.8 n 1.5 brake pump diff mer???
i tot both oso single layer???
oni evo's ones are double layer right??

btw...
i'm using 1.8 front disc...
just changed double layer brake pump...
the brake was superb!!!
but then as said....
easier to lock up lo....
just need to b careful when road is wet/sandy.....

btw...
i'm oni using 60 bucks brakes pads...
works fine.....
but then i oni daily driving la....
still haven tried whacking the brakes....

but heard brake pads wear off faster la....
anyway....
dun mind la....
safety 1st.....