Upgrading from 4g93p to rvr rs turbo

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hi evryone,
i have a proton putra that is completely na right now and i am wondering whether i shld change to rvr engine.
i have neva done this kind of halfcut stuff bfre nor do i have any previous knowledge on this topic
so to all u who have done this kind of thing i would very much appreciate ur feedback on this topic
the kind of things i am looking to know is such as:
a)is rvr rs turbo good(i am getting is coz i want an auto car plain and simple)
b)what are the things to look out for when purchasing and installing half cut
c)do any of the sifu here in zth know anyone who sells good halfcuts at reasonable prices as i am a student and i have a budget constraint
once again any feedback would be very much appreciated
thk u :wavey:

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Why rvr?! Should go for 4g93T or get a 4g63T with a 4g67 block for endorsement purposes.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hello sifu hks
for me the main thing is the overall cost i guess
could roughly tell me the full cost of doin either one of the two options u stated above
and also sorry to ask 2 much but how much do u think i can get for selling my 4g93p auto complete halfcut

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

is the anyone else who can help me with this
i am reallly noob at all this stuff
ive been trying to read up stuff on this but cant get much
i think the best info i can get will be cmin from all u sifu sifu here in zth
so if u could please help me i would really really appreciate it

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Firstly, I am no sifu.

Price wise.... roughly round rm8k - rm9k for 4g93T, 6-7k for 4g63T for halfcut alone. Advise you to search at the marketplace, mudah.com or at chop shops itself for best pricing & pls ask your mech for the installation fee as well.

4g93p - not more than rm3k i believe....

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hahah well i regard everyone in zth to be sifu coz i know close to zero about cars so sorry bout ttht bro
well u see one of my main priorties is to get an auto transmission so the halfcut guys ive called so far all say rvr is the best i mean if i wanted auto with a fixed budget
plus isnt the rvr 4g63t as well
would appreciate ur reply to this hks

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Indeed RVR is a 4g63T series. However it's a detuned evo engine with a smaller TD04HL turbine instead of TD05, with a top mount intercooler & a different ECU.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
im sorry if this may seem like a stupid question but what is meant by detuned??
i understand the other differences u have stated but is tht all the differences are there any other diff between and evo and an rvr??
and as for the intercooler problem the one i have checked out the guy has changed the intercooler to a big front mount one so i guess thts better rite
and hks one final thing the evo is there anyway i can transplant the engine while getting an auto transmission maybe by using a gearbox from another engine the rvr perhaps because the gearbox has to be able to cope with the power of an evo engine rite
pls correct all the things that i have said wrong like i said i know very very litle oni hope to learn from u all

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Detuned - downgraded
Only E7 comes with automatic transmission

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
ohhh e7 meaning evo 7 rite pardon my noobness
i was also considering vr4 rs halfcut does that come in an auto variant???

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Vr4? I believe not. Gsr - yes. However you have to consider how you going to endorse your engine if it's a 2.0 liter. It would be more convenient if you convert it to a 1.8 gsr.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hey hks i didnt know u have a putra as well
thts cool man wut engine u packing in ur monster
as far as ive searched ive seen tht vr4 cmes in auto but vr4 rs doesnt
correct me if im wrong
well so u dont tink i shld get a rvr ???
i dont wanna get gsr coz its potential is limited when i get more dough hopefull i can mod somemore
but for now all i can afford is halfcut
so i must depend on the power of the stock halfcut
plus to endorse from 1.8 to 2.0 shldnt be th hard rite

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
ahh well the law always suks and no matter whther its legal or not jpj will always cause problem man
im sure u know what i mean
well mr hks im sure u will be glad to know tht ive decided to go for an evo halfcut and use the evo 7.5 gta gearbox (very difficult to find) according to some guys ive talked to
so my project will take a while
which evo engine would u recommend me to buy im looking to run the car stock so which one do u tink would bring out the most horsepower in stock conditions and how much do u tink it will cost

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna install 4g93 into my saga flx and i was wondering if there is any workshop that does it. if there is, please recommend and leave contact info~ KL area, thanks :3 P.S: Idk if this is the correct place to post it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience