unnormal gap between hood n headlamp

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
i just wonder..
is any1 here encounter d same prob as mine?

mine is a iswara 2004 LMST.. i got this rare problem which i hope any1 of sifus here can help.. d gap between my right side of d hood is more higher than d left side frm d headlamp.. so it looks like ur hood is not balance when its closed ...hope u guys know wat i mean:emoticon_U: .. will try uploading some pic 2 get a clearer pic of my situation..

can this be fixed or i just need 2 send it 2 SC?

thanks in advance!!

updated with pic!! not a very clear 1 but hope u get wat i try 2 say..:embaressed_smile:

Not too sure abt protons, however, there used to be some adjustable rubber stops at each corners at the engine bay in my corolla. The rubber stops are screw mounted to the chassis and they are adjustable in heights.

If no rubbers, the hinge of the bonnet mungkin suda lari. try and see if there are mark of shiftings in the hinges before trouble shooting...

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
if tats d case, i thnk i'll try removing all d rubber 2 c if d gap is still there.. if not.. i thnk its d hinges which i thnk i hav 2 remove d whole hood 2 get somethng fix..or rather send 2 a shop..?

sakuraguy

Sendai, JAPAN.
If ur car is stock, then its normal cause proton never ... ever 100% check for inspection but they "buta-buta" stick those stickers... if ure car's stock .. just adust the gap-rubber in between ...

if not ... find out ureself.. cheers!

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
well, guess tats d only thngy i can do lo..

sakuraguy

Sendai, JAPAN.
im sorry .. cause i have experience in driving 2002 wira but the left eye bonnet gap is more than right eye light gap ... even if i adjust .. but still can see some rough gaps... not detailed .. no one would see the small gaps ..

cheers!

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
well, 2molo i try again 2 fix it.. or else i thnk better send it 2 d experts..

Well, built quality isn't a strong point for proton......

Superduper, apart from what I've told you earlier, i suggest u better check it the front lights are at the same level. Sometimes, the misalignment might not be the bonnet but the alignment of the lights itself....

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
well, i guess might as well listen 2 huakenny lo, send it 2 mecha c how 1st lo..

n huakenny.. yeah.. ZAPTOR RULES MAN!!!

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
SuperDuper .... im also driving same car as u ... and can tell u, this model Proton Saga LMST we're driving , memang has many "imperfections" ... mech last time told me every part of the car tat has something wrong, i also forgot ady ... in ur case its the level of the bonnet/headlights.... think u shud juz get it checked n fixed or send ask proton why lidet ... make some noise lor at Proton.... heheh

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
well, thnking of getting 2 my mecha n c how 1st la.. coz really thnk so lo, LMST still got a lot of defects. although d basic model has been there 4 20yrs, they still cannot correct all those common prob.. just dunno wat they r doing in d production..

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
SuperDuper

i got the same problem as well like yours

last time i sent to mechanic.......u know what.......

the ah pek machanic just put a bongkah kayu covered with cloth.....put under the bonet which got bigger gap and PREESS JUST LIKE THAT!

is sengaja slighly bengkokkan the bigger gap bonet loh.......

there is only the way honestly........u send kasi proton......they will say "is like this 1 la.......nothing is perfect man....."

SuperDuper

Sep 25, 2004
Klang Klang Klang
huh? like tat also can ah?? just press like tat?? OMG.. then better send 2 my mecha n figure out a better way of doing this sh*t lo!!!

I plan 2 get a new car soon. I've also identified a used number plate that I want 2 register onto my new car.

The situation is d used number is on a bike n the owner is only willing 2 sell me d number but not d bike. I thought of registering a new number 4 d bike, but does that free up the old number? Even if it does, 2 whom does d old number belong 2?Can I use it 2 register my new car?Sounds confusing rite?

Any idea hw do I go about this?