Types of SSS

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Hi Guys,

Wonder what's the difference between this two SSS?

Sorry, abit noob about SSS but just found these 2 cars on Mudah and wonder what are the differences

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

raph

Nov 17, 2003
I think the grey Swift is not a Sport.
In Malaysia they only sell the SSS in white or Yellow.
Most likely this grey swift has added the sport body kit

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
I think the grey Swift is not a Sport.
In Malaysia they only sell the SSS in white or Yellow.
Most likely this grey swift has added the sport body kit
Yup, and the side mirror is without the signal indicator, SSS has signal indicator

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
if the lug is 5x114.3, maybe it's parallel import, to be sure just check the chassis/engine no, if it starts with ZC21/M16..., it is indeed a Swift Sport

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Thanks bro.. just curious because there's a hole in the front bumper for the grey unit.. so wondering what's the difference.. maybe modded bumper or different version

samuelschick

From Facebook
Sep 1, 2010
Subang Jaya
www.facebook.com
the first 1 is facelift model with signal indicator and keyless entry and go, while the grey one is pre-facelift model. sss has pearl white, yellow, grey, red and black in color but they only brings in yellow and pearl white so i guess the grey one is a rare / parallel import unit.

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Went to see the car.. yeah its original SSS.. the front 'hole' is some carbon holder or some-sort.. condition so so only the car.. have some over-spray here n there and the interior doesn't look like >30k kms as stated indicated inside..
Notice alot ppl letting go their SSS lately.. wonder why? Really cannot run on RON 95?

samuelschick

From Facebook
Sep 1, 2010
Subang Jaya
www.facebook.com
yeap, actual fuel requirement for sss is ron 98 due to the high compression M16A engines. even some ppl experience slight pinging when running on Ron 97. I tried Ron 95 on mine before actually no choice was stuck in the middle of the journey on my way to kelantan and the petrol kiosk only carries Ron 95. the car was really reluctant to pull when i press the pedal.

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Hmm... first tank of RON 95 usually is like that.. the engine is not used to having lower RON.. Second and third will improve. RON 97 also ping? heavy modded SSS or what?

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
I think perhaps mix mix once a while will give u ron 96? lol I think most engines are designed with protection to prevent knocking.. so long as the warning light doesn't come up it should be ok.. So far anyone have any complaint on the SSS? I'm looking into a unit but not very familiar with suzuki cars..

samuelschick

From Facebook
Sep 1, 2010
Subang Jaya
www.facebook.com
so far so good for my unit no complaint / issues whatsoever . it may not very fast on the straight road but performs during corners and a very fun car to drive which most of the time will make you takes the longer route home.

maui303q

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Tried one.. felt the power response much better than my N16 1.8 but corners i think almost same due to my Nismo suspension. After corner pick-up is much faster..
BTW, there's not much info about the SSS on the internet.. the parts easily available? especially the consumables like air filters, oil filters and brake pads? even absorbers are part of the wear n tear.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Need some of your feedback although i've read similar threads discussion the same issue.

The issue is my water temp currently shows temp running abit high during cruising, speeding and boosting.

On traffic jams, temp will remain at 90-95c

Cruising on highway, temp will raise up till 100c

Boosting at 0.8 bar will raise up to 110c

Here are the some tech specs of my car

-4EFTE engine

-D&D (4 core aluminium) civic eg radiator

-Removed thermostat

-Toyota...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience