Turbo slow to build pressusre

Jeremy9544

I recently installed a areospeed manual boost controller... I turned the boost to 1 bar.. It feels much better then.. And few days ltr, the car feels heavy.. According to the boost meter, the boost was climbing up very slowly... Need help..:confused::confused:

Bro., you cannot just boost as you like. You need to tune your fuel feed according to your boost. Run too lean and may damaged your engine

check all your intercooler pipings for leak, might popped a hose.

Thanks bro.. I have thought of that problem.. Now i turned it to standard boost.. Mybe installing a fuel regulator n changing fuel pump would solve the problem? Btw, im still a newbie.. :D

Last edited:
what car are u driving bro.. if any hose popped out, i would never generate boost at all.. maybe just some small vacuum leakage?

what car are u driving bro.. if any hose popped out, i would never generate boost at all.. maybe just some small vacuum leakage?

Kenari... Running on a daihatsu L9 660cc engine.. I tried to find any leakage, didnt seem to find any..

Last edited:
if not then, maybe u crank up the boost too high..if everything stock such as stock fuel pump, injector, turbo and no fuel regulator, it is only safe to crank up to 0.9 max.. over than that must at least have regulator..

if not then, maybe u crank up the boost too high..if everything stock such as stock fuel pump, injector, turbo and no fuel regulator, it is only safe to crank up to 0.9 max.. over than that must at least have regulator..

Im still using the kenari original fuel pump.. N im using RHF4 turbo.. I turned to 0.8 bar nw... Till i get a fuel regulator n a fuel pump.. :D

L2s boost cut is at 0.9 bar.. but if ur L9 can get 1 bar without boost cut, then it would be the same as L5 4 cylinder at 1.2 bar..

Meaning flames keep popping out on exhaust? :adore:

No flames but black smoke. Once hose pop, turbo still boosting but never reach destination. ECU still tell injectors to pump more fuel. Air fuel becomes too rich, so start to misfire and plenty unburnt fuel therefore come out as black smoke. Of course not like diesel lorry lah....hahhahahha

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

L2s boost cut is at 0.9 bar.. but if ur L9 can get 1 bar without boost cut, then it would be the same as L5 4 cylinder at 1.2 bar..

Fuh! L5 boost up to 1.2 bar? Mine only 0.6 standard...:smokin:

No flames but black smoke. Once hose pop, turbo still boosting but never reach destination. ECU still tell injectors to pump more fuel. Air fuel becomes too rich, so start to misfire and plenty unburnt fuel therefore come out as black smoke. Of course not like diesel lorry lah....hahhahahha

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

instant missfiring system a.k.a lagging-anti speed system :biggrin:

yup bro.. L5 4 cylinder boost cut is at 1.2 bar if im not mistaken..

I recently installed a areospeed manual boost controller... I turned the boost to 1 bar.. It feels much better then.. And few days ltr, the car feels heavy.. According to the boost meter, the boost was climbing up very slowly... Need help..:confused::confused:

If you still have the problem, you might want to check the turbo actuator diaphragm for leak or boost control solenoid for leak and your vacuum hoses and tees for leaks also.

You said boost is slow to spool up. did it still reach 1 bar? But slow? Or never reach 1 bar.

Top Bottom