Toyota Camry 96 or honda accord 96?which 1 better?

mrs88

Dec 25, 2006
Hi..any good suggestion bout these cars?
In terms of quietness,comfortable,handling,fuel consumption,maintenance and also spacious.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I would pick Toyota Camry 1996, in terms of design, I think it looks better...nice choices of bodykits too :biggrin:
Steady at high speeds as well.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
accord looks better than camry.
Fuel consumption wise, I go for Accord.

My two bosses own these 2 cars. The accord fare better in the fuel consumption dept.

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
i just successfully transplanted an H22A into the CD-chasis(96 Accord), FC is much more better than the std OEM 2.2, and much more powerful 190hp for an auto + Vtec engage at 5.5K RPM. Just nice for that size of car.

@Supra_Fanatics : I never see 96 Camry has decent bodykits.. most of it looks like an AhBeng tuned(sorry to say), unlike 96 Accord, they got plenty.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I would pick Toyota Camry 1996, in terms of design, I think it looks better...nice choices of bodykits too :biggrin:
Steady at high speeds as well.

Is this bodykit available for real or it is customised? This is nice :top:, I have never seen it on any XV10 Camry though. I think not many choice of bodykit for it.

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
Hi TS, i owned an accord 96 few years back, so i am here to share my story :wavey:

My ex-ride is a local model, CD6. M series engine.

Maintenance - just regular servicing only, seriously.

Comfort - for big size ppl like me, it is good, and steady at high speed.

Spacious - Big. Many of my friend like to sit at the rear.

Fuel Consumption - RM 1.92 per liter, i got 0.28 per km ( M series engine ). H22A is highly recommended for accord.

Handling - not sure, that time still young, never whack corner.

Thats all what i able to recall....
Happy motor-ing :cheers:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i just successfully transplanted an H22A into the CD-chasis(96 Accord), FC is much more better than the std OEM 2.2, and much more powerful 190hp for an auto + Vtec engage at 5.5K RPM. Just nice for that size of car.

@Supra_Fanatics : I never see 96 Camry has decent bodykits.. most of it looks like an AhBeng tuned(sorry to say), unlike 96 Accord, they got plenty.
I got to agree with you that so far non of the Camry 96 is modded nicely despite the nice shape body of the Camry 96.

The bodykits i found mostly are only available in US or other overseas countries. If want,
can only go for custom made to be the same as those in the photos.

Is this bodykit available for real or it is customised? This is nice :top:, I have never seen it on any XV10 Camry though. I think not many choice of bodykit for it.
For real bro, available in overseas bodykit workshop. Import will be expensive, so only way is
custom made, since not many choices available for Camry 96 in Malaysia. That goes the same
for Corolla Altis whereby more choices in overseas than in Malaysia :frown:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe a surprise to everyone...

Between Accord, Camry and Merz E220 Masterpiece,

The Merz fare all better then Accord & Camry,

In terms of better fuel consumption, comfort, spaciousness, reliabilty and quiteness of ride, and cheaper spareparts too !

Anyone agrees with me ?:driver:

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Supra Fanatics : yeah.. to import those kits also would costs a bomb.. i rarely see any 96Camry HC either.. what about the spareparts, compared to the price of accord?

Lesley Aprotto : u sure bro? i nvr check on the e220 model b4..

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Supra Fanatics : yeah.. to import those kits also would costs a bomb.. i rarely see any 96Camry HC either.. what about the spareparts, compared to the price of accord?

Lesley Aprotto : u sure bro? i nvr check on the e220 model b4..
I had one E220 masterpiece before

Thrashed like nobody business,

Clocked second round 805,000 km that means 1.8 million km

Never overhauled or even never top overhauled.

Only my manual 5th gear tendang...

Engine was still whispering smooth when i let go it...:listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi :rolleyes:

If lower arm has this ekk ekk ekk sound, if don't change a new one is it ok? why there is ekk ekk ekk sound? bent? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience