Tom got TiTANed!!

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Tom's Review and Comments

comparisions between stock Bilsteins and TiTANs

TiTAN's sifu, Richard custom builds every set for you!

Quality products by TiTAN.

Tom's comments

"Feel:
Where it all comes down to. Result. A few presses on the 4 corners confrims the car has become so much more stiffer. I drove. I just can't believe the difference. It's so much better than i expected. Bumps, potholes debris, sand, stones, road patches, are all neutralized by the Titan shocks. I can now practically skim over them with minimal disturbance in the cabin. Road feel has increased in a good way and the car will react well and follow the road contours. Steering response has improved while cornering and sharp turns will not mess with the Titan's Shock perfomance.

Braking and acceleration feel has also improved dramatically, the car now never squats on sharp acceleration or dive during hard braking especially braking into corners. Slalom swerves are very well managed.

High speeds on highways is also where the Titan suspension will prove its capabilities. The road feel is fantastic on tar and even on concrete roads. Road feel, road feel, road feel. Great! little up and down slopes is always a nightmare and will often shift a car right left, up and down. Not with Titans. The car is quickly absorbs the change in road contour on upslopes and quickly pulls the car back on the ground when you go down the slopes. Fantastic. Needs some getting used to since there is little travel from the shorter stroke and the car's ability to return back to "shape" so fast.

But i did feel the subtle bounce on the not so flat highways. Again, Titan was happy to remedy this. Richard suggest reducing the damping rate of the rear shocks, back to testing and it fixed it right away. "

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
may I know the spring rate for front and rear ?

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
it's not adjustable... it's replacing the stock absorbers with TITAN-Tuned absorbers..

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by bazet@Jul 21 2004, 04:49 PM
may I know the spring rate for front and rear ?
brader, what spring rate u tokking ler..
he's using back his EIbach prokit...

just replaced the stock abs with TITAN Tuned ones.

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
ohh..too fast to type before check the pics...

sorry :)

Thinking of doing that too, since my rear absorbers gonna die

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Wah, I jealous ah, why Richard make for Tom more cantik than my one - I want to complain - :) aahahahahahahah

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Walau, Tom's one is so thick :unsure:

hehe.....

looks like Drummond's rally suspension.......

chew118

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
stan,
for non adjustable.. can be it used with sport spring? can the titan withstand the spring?.. because normally OEM shockers cant last long using those sport spring...

if the we are not statisfied with the ride can the it be tuned again for those non adjustable titan

is the warranty same as those coilover ones? 2 years and free 2 years tuning?

and what is the working lifespan for both titan :D

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by chew118@Jul 23 2004, 11:06 PM
stan,
for non adjustable.. can be it used with sport spring? can the titan withstand the spring?.. because normally OEM shockers cant last long using those sport spring...

if the we are not statisfied with the ride can the it be tuned again for those non adjustable titan

is the warranty same as those coilover ones? 2 years and free 2 years tuning?

and what is the working lifespan for both titan :D
bro

it's usually not recommended to use sport springs.

Can TiTAN take them springs? Sure bring 'em on!
but your car sure senget one side one.. hehehe that's why the height adjustables are useful!

and usually 'sport' springs are quite soft!

OEM stuff dun last long BECAUSE the shocks bottom out ALL the time, hence short lifespan..

oh of course, if it's not satisfactory, then pls by all means, bring it back, and we'll work on it. "non-adjustables" means it's NOT HEIGHT adjustables.
damping rates are still tunable.

YES warranty is the same 2 years.

NO, fine-tuning is only valid for the first running in period to achieve the 'satisfactory' settings. NOT the full 2 years..

working lifespan is projected to be 24 months. And assuming you service it every 18 months after that, it's virtually a lifetime shock absorbers.

cheers!

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Jul 22 2004, 08:04 PM
:lol: wakakakaaka

you got time, i spray for you new color :P
you spray I don't want lah, but if your gf introduce me her gf S&A then I want lah :) haahhahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys ... a friend of mine got his SGTi stolen last month in SS15 (Subang Jaya).

He just told me though ... May be if I post it here somebody could might have seen it.

Its Satria GTi with reg. no WHQ 8676

It's all standard bodykit but there's no lip as it is broken and a big dent on the passenger side.

The headlamps light is one orange and one white (dun ask me why)

Interior is all standard but with digital e-cond.

Just helping a friend here ... Thanks.
Any help/ clues is truely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience