tight handbrake after cleanning dust

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
last week when i sent my car to change tires, and i also told the mechanic to clean away the dust in the drums...but recently, my handbrake was so tight where 1 or 2 clicks will prevent the car from rolling if i engage D mode..previously when i engage D mode, the car will move abit... so, when i try to remove the brake drum cover, it was so tight and eventually removal was successful, but fitting it back was super hard, the cover blocked by the brake shoe...hmm..not to mention, left drum brake is much hotter than right ones...wonder what is the problem..is it normal after cleaning??:hmmmm:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
hummm drum brakes.... it's just the case of ur mechanic tightening it to much.... there's like a adjustable screw near the brake shoe... he needs to re-do it man... nothing serious... while he's at it, ask him to check the cable also....:nurse:

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
hmm..but this morning i tried to open the drum cover, it was so hard...and after i had remove,then fitting in back was hard where the drum shoes are blocking/touching the drum cover from entering nicely.....so just need to adjust the drum shoe??:confused:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
yup! thers's like a round flower like screw, use a flat head screwdriver and turn to release or tighten the cable....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

There are a few friends of mine who are interested to learn automotive engineering/technology. They said they're interested to work in a tuner shop or motorsports team someday. Any local college/university that you guys can recommend? :smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience