Tan Chong marks return to luxury segment with all-new Nissan Teana

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd has just launched the all-new Nissan Teana luxury sedan; a car that marks the return of Nissan and ETCM to the executive luxury sedan segment in Malaysia.

The all-new Nissan Teana is offered here in three different variants - the 2-liter and 2.5-liter V6 that are assembled in Tan Chong Motor's state-of-the-art Serendah Plant, and the Teana V6 that is fully imported from Japan.

Besides its elegant exterior design and an artistic interior that boasts simplicity, the Teana is based on a newly developed Nissan D-platform optimised for class-leading ride comfort, superior noise, vibration & harshness reduction, outstanding stability and superb handling.

The D-Platform features comfortable driving and stability thanks to a new, fully independent Front Strut and Real Multi-link suspension system. The quietness and refinement is achieved by an extensive use of sound absorbing materials over the entire body of the vehicle, and most importantly, unparalleled safety from the extensive use of high tensile steel in Zone Body construction.

Talking about safety, the all-new Nissan Teana delivers a full complement of safety features such as SRS airbags, active front headrests, ABD, EBD, and Brake Assist. Side airbags, curtain airbags, VDC with traction control and Xenon headlights with auto levelizer are standard on the Teana 2.5-liter V6 and 3.5-liter V6 variants. The combination of these features contribute to the Teana achieving the top safety rating of 6-stars in the Japan New Car Assessment Program (JNCAP).

Powering the Teana are Nissan's award-winning 3.5-liter VQ35DE V6 engine that develop 250hp at 6000rpm and 326Nm of torque at 4400rpm. The 2.5-liter is powered by the VQ25DE V6 engine that develops 180hp at 6000rpm and 228Nm of torque at 4400rpm. The entry level 2-liter is powered by a refined yet efficient all-aluminium MR20DE engine that produces 134hp at 5600rpm and 190Nm of torque at 4400rpm. These engines are mated to Nissan's Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC).

Features for the Teana include: engine start/stop button, dual-zone auto air-conditioning system, 6-CD changer with 6 speaker audio with AUX-in and MP3, interior mood light, triple meter cluster with integrated Multi Information Display, Audio/Cruise Control Steering Buttons. The 2.5-liter V6 gets all this and a rear sunshade, memory function for driver's seat, powered front seats with 8-way adjustable driver's seat and 4-way adjustable for front passenger's seat and an Intelligent Key (i-Key) for keyless operation. The top of the line 3.5-liter V6 adds ventilated seats for the driver and front passenger, ottoman-style legrest support for the front passenger, and a panoramic sunroof.

Since its debut in Japan, the new Nissan Teana has received many award and accolades that include, "King of Comfort" in China, Best Mid-Size Sedan under 2500cc in Thailand, and the Indonesian Car of The Year.

The prices for the all-new Nissan Teana in Malaysia: RM138,000 for the 2-liter Comfort, RM142,000 for the 2-liter Luxury (comes with leather seats, front parking sensors and V-Kool tinting), RM168,000 for the 2.5-liter V6 Premium, and the fully imported Japanese CBU 3.5-liter V6 Exquisite retails for RM248,500.

The warranty period is 3-years or 100,000km (whichever comes first). For more information visit www.nissan.com.my

Attachments

Last edited:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
looks good and looking @ the pricing, its better value for money than its competitors...i had A32 for 13 years and Nissan is one of the most reliable car in Malaysia. thumbs up to TC...hopefully they will introduce more models into the market

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
god damn it! Who is the decision decider for those rims!
can local jap-brand retailer do a better job on choosing tyres for those "luxury" car?

how much cost can you bring down with those ugly looking rims?

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
crayzee: Its because they can't afford to hire wheel designers like you...

Time for all the bippu-fans to get to work...

Last edited:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
it's about time! finally teana is introduced to Malaysian automobile market.

jdm_jdm

Known Member
Feb 24, 2009
Penang
i drive and ride in this actual car before, the power is nice! (2.5 model) Can really catch up with the Toyota Mark X, because I tested it myself with the 07 Mark X side by side. Cruising at 50km/h till 170km/h both car is about the same. But Teana is more comfort, roomy and quiet. For me, I will go for Teana!

valueshop88

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
only i complain on this car. very high consumption compare to its similar class. the rest are the best among all.
hehe. good luck to teana.
agreed with the rim comment, haha. other brand are lot more better than this.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Absolutely gorgeous and attractive pricing ... 2.5L V6 is a very good buy for me ... Nissan Teana is even much better looking than the new Bimmer 5 Series and Merc E Class (to me) . Gonna recommend this to my dad for his car change :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience