Suspension taller on one side & d.i.y

Andrew Philip

From Facebook
May 21, 2012
Shah Alam
www.facebook.com
Hi guys!

I noticed that my car (iswara. yes bear with me.) is taller on one side. I'm referring to the front suspension where in this case, the passenger left side is taller than driver's right side. I checked the absorbers for leaks and i found none. what could be the reason? Also, I'm curious to know where should i place the floor jack (i have a 2 tonne floor jack) when jacking up the car? I want to place the car on jack stands. I lost the car owner's manual and googling for the answers leads me nowhere. Hope you sifus can help a brother out ^_^. I'm still new to the whole d.i.y thing. Cheers!:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
because you sit on the driver side until the spring sag already lor...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
but the height difference is quite alot :/ i understand the sagging part but it can't be that much right?
wear and tear... you look at the driver seat and the passenger seat..does the driver seat cushion look older/feel softer than passenger seat?

that much..means how much.. how many difference in cm?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
because you sit on the driver side until the spring sag already lor...
Was about to say the same thing, but should be slightly only.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

but the height difference is quite alot :/ i understand the sagging part but it can't be that much right?
Height difference by a lot, then probably the spring lost it's strength/tension. Also check your suspension top mounting....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
wear and tear...After all, it is a proton.
They dont make car last forever.

Just change to a new set of OEM spring.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Until you give more info on the height differences, I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer.

As for jacking points : I don't know about your 2-ton jack, mine's the mechanic 3-ton one and I jack the front cross member there, right in the front, but this is caveat that you've never had any frontal collision damage. If you had, then jack the arm or some solid part of the chassis. At the side sills there's two notches in the front, the jack stands go between the notches.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wear and tear...After all, it is a proton.
They dont make car last forever.

Just change to a new set of OEM spring.
1st Gen Saga still running strong wor :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Until you give more info on the height differences, I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer.

As for jacking points : I don't know about your 2-ton jack, mine's the mechanic 3-ton one and I jack the front cross member there, right in the front, but this is caveat that you've never had any frontal collision damage. If you had, then jack the arm or some solid part of the chassis. At the side sills there's two notches in the front, the jack stands go between the notches.
Oh! forgot about the jacks. If his jack is like my 2 ton ones from Tesco, they can jack the car engine up, but the plastics wheels will open up like track car negative camber. That is why I prefer to jack one side at a time, meaning one wheel at a time. The rears probably okay but not the engine or is it my VR engine is heavier?.....:hmmmm:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Oh! forgot about the jacks. If his jack is like my 2 ton ones from Tesco, they can jack the car engine up, but the plastics wheels will open up like track car negative camber. That is why I prefer to jack one side at a time, meaning one wheel at a time. The rears probably okay but not the engine or is it my VR engine is heavier?.....:hmmmm:
ye engine's weight remain the same.
u r getting older,no tice that u cant bongkok under the hood as long as usual?

i jack at the tow hook
jackstand at the front on the area whichbi believe is the chassis.for short job just place the stand on the front subframe.
on the rear,at the lower arm mountingnpoint to the body.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ye engine's weight remain the same.
u r getting older,no tice that u cant bongkok under the hood as long as usual?

i jack at the tow hook
jackstand at the front on the area whichbi believe is the chassis.for short job just place the stand on the front subframe.
on the rear,at the lower arm mountingnpoint to the body.
Under hood still okay, under the car then cannot ......hahhahahahah:biggrin:

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Have u recently replacing the absorber top mounting rubber at only 1 side (Normally on higher side)?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche owners took their cars to the ultimate test, while training their own reflexes and pushing limits at the Porsche Circuit Training session on the 14th January 2012. More than 30 owners of various Porsche models took part in this event that saw Cayman, GT3 and 911 burning rubber on the tracks at exceptionally high speeds on that day.

The Porsche Circuit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience