sucide doors

i_Ce

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
hello everyone again..especially to all the sifu's out there..mthe subject of the forum is suicide doors..where can we do them? any in kl? please, anyone with informaton, please reply this post..your feedback is much appreciated..thnx!

i_Ce

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
the ones that go the pther way around..it opens opposite of a normal door...so looks like v-shape..

i_Ce

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
so, anyone knows where or how to do sucide doors?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
i_Ce . .tats Scissor Type Doors, or u could use "Lamborghini Style Doors" .. more easy, .. try find the kit in Brother's Accessory shop, as far as i know i saw those kits there, RM300+ per door.

I'm not sure about elsewhere, but try hitting "SEARCH" button using "SCISSOR DOOR" word.

gohkokkeng: funny ..

Cheers!

i_Ce

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
uhmmm..bro..i know what scissor door is..i call them angel wings my self..but what i am looking for is the one that makes the doors go behind..like the ones done in ghetto cruisers..but thnx for the coorection sakura, and gohkokkeng's remark is funyny, hahaha!

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
lol..guys suicide doors are like those on a Continental or a RX8...but you do know why its called SUICIDE doors, right?...

jeanloo

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
I tot u meant Lambor Door or Scissors Door. Just get to know what suicide door is. Suicide door is convenient for for you to commit suicide and jump out during high speed?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
i_Ce .. I think elaboration like this shall help some people to help you out.

MAZDA RX-8

The car features a pair of rear-hinged "freestyle" doors (similar to suicide doors) in order to provide easier access to the rear seats. The RX-8 has no B-pillar between the front and rear doors, with the leading edge of the rear door acting as a 'virtual pillar' to maintain structural rigidity. Because of the overlapping design, the rear doors can only be opened when the front doors are open.

SUICIDE DOORS

Suicide doors are automobile doors that are hinged on the trailing edge; the edge closer to the rear of the vehicle. The term reflects a perceived increased danger of the door falling open if it becomes unlatched while the car is moving. Because of the obviously negative connotations, the term is avoided in major automobile manufacturers' promotional literature, although it is familiar to many English-speakers and often used openly in the custom-car trade.

The door arrangement also instills other negative perceptions. While the vehicle is parked, such a door would hide an entering or exiting passenger from the view of passing cars. The result of the door being hit by another vehicle would likely be more catastrophic, since the door would be slammed shut onto the passenger, even if merely nicked the outside edge. In contrast, a door hinged at the front would be pushed away from the passenger and possibly torn off entirely.

Another problem presented by conventionally hinged doors in front and suicide doors in the rear (on a four door vehicle) is a passenger traffic conflict. It is almost impossible for passengers to exit from the front and rear seats simultaneously due to the limited space between the front edge of the rear door and the rear edge of the front door.

An arrangement where only the rear doors on a four door vehicle open in this fashion is sometimes called "kidnapping doors", presumably because it would make it easier to drag a victim into the car.

Such doors were not uncommon on cars manufactured in the first half of the 20th century. Post-World War II examples are almost universally the rear doors of four-door cars.

The most well-known use of suicide doors on post-World War II automobiles was the glamorous Lincoln Continental sedan from 1961 through 1969, and even more dramatically, on the unique Lincoln Continental 4-door convertible from 1961 through 1967 (the last 4-door convertible built in United States.) Since the 4-door Lincoln convertible did not have a center "B" pillar, the rear door glass was designed to electrically retract a few inches when the rear doors were opened in order for the weatherstripping to clear the front door glass. This meant that if the battery was dead, the only way out of the back seat was to crawl over the front seat.

For a time, the last true, independently opening suicide doors were fitted on the Ford Thunderbird 4-door sedan from 1967 through 1971, after which their use ceased due to safety concerns. More recently, rear suicide doors that cannot be opened until the regular front doors are opened have been appearing on a number of vehicles, including extended cab pickup trucks, the Saturn Ion QuadCoupe, and the Mazda RX-8. Nevertheless, in 2003, true independent suicide doors reappeared, this time on the new Rolls-Royce Phantom. The Spyker D12, officially presented in 2006, also has suicide doors. The as of yet yet unnamed upcoming Rolls-Royce 4 seat convertible (codenamed RR02) based on the 100EX show car has been confirmed to have suicide front doors.

Models of automobile that featured suicide doors include:

Austin FX4 — the classic London black cab
Bentley State Limousine
Citroën 2CV — early models
Citroën Traction Avant
Citroën H Van
Chrysler Imperial Parade Phaeton
Chrysler Royal
Facel Vega Excellence
Fiat Topolino
Fiat 600
Ford F-150 — 1997-2003 . The front doors are conventional, with suicide in the rear ones
Ford Ranger — 2000-present. Supercab version has two rear suicide doors
Ford Thunderbird — 1967-1971 4-door models
Honda Element — 2003-present. Has conventional front, with suicide half doors in rear
Lincoln Continental — 1961-1969 4-door sedans, 1961-1967 4-door convertibles
Mazda B-Series — On the Freestyle version (based on extended cab) since 2002
Mazda RX-8 — Has conventional front doors, with suicide half-doors in rear
MINI Clubman — Has conventional front doors, with one rear suicide half-door
Panhard Dyna
Pierce Silver Arrow
Renault 4CV
Rolls-Royce Phantom
Rover P4 — Cars like the Rover 90 had conventional front doors, with suicide rear doors
SAAB (92, 93 and 95/96 early models)
Saturn ION coupe — Has conventional front doors, with suicide half-doors in the rear.
Saturn SC series — Predecessor to ION coupe; second-generation models feature one rear suicide half-door on driver's side
Spyker D12
Subaru 360
Syrena — early models
Toyota FJ Cruiser — Conventional front doors, suicide half doors in rear
ZAZ-965

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The self-styled world cup of motorsports, the A1GP, had a decent formula that could have seen it reach that status had the spec-racing series stuck around longer. It pitted national teams against each other with identical Ferrari-powered chassis on circuits all around the world. Nonetheless, financial turmoil never really left the series and it was liquidated at the end of the 2009 season.

Since the series...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience