Stripping paint off CF hood

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
Does anyone have any clue on what solvent/paint stripper to stripe off lacquer paint off the CF hood without screwing up the resin on the CF? It has to be resin/fibre friendly.

Tried brake fluid (mythology spoken that using brake fluid can rip off paint from any surface at all) but to no avail when i did a search and it says that brake fluid can indeed strip lacquer, acrylic and enamel paint.

Many scale modeller are even using brake fluid to strip paints off their little scale project without messing the styrene or resin kits, but somehow this brake fluid just doest work on the CF hood. Anyone got any solution?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Has anybody tried using clay bar? It was originally invented to remove paint overspray.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I would think that claying would be the safest method to start with since it doesn't involve any solvent, just a clay bar and some soapy water. You can find PG Wonder Clay, Meguiar's Clay kit and some other japanese brands in most Eneos centre.

Don't forget to post your findings if you decide to try it.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Hehe...don't call me sifu la...paiseh....not that level yet.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a Fiat X1/9. Made in the 80s, its the come back when Fiat almost went bust. The owner of this collectible cars were quite concerned about the paint work as it has been sitting outdoors most of the time. Being said, we were called once again to restore this mighty Fiat.

Upon arrival, we did our usual...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience