Sticky Gear Shift on CK4G93T

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bros, i've difficulties engaging gears when the engine is cold..However things are much better when the engine is warmed up but still gear shifting isn't really dat smooth especially down shifting(5th to 3rd sometimes can't engage, 2nd to 1st got grinding sound if i do it quickly)...using Redline 75w90 gear oil, dat's wat i've been told frm the prev owner..Can somebody tell how can i solve this prob?..Thanks in advance

p/s: using stock clutch and still in good condition..

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
i havin the same problem bro! 1st to 2nd got grinding sound.... 4th to 5th sure sticky wan....on my sgti... some say cause of clutch better if used racings wan! also dont know la cause at time i do drive fast scared later on long term gearbox kong....

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
Bros, i've difficulties engaging gears when the engine is cold..However things are much better when the engine is warmed up but still gear shifting isn't really dat smooth especially down shifting(5th to 3rd sometimes can't engage, 2nd to 1st got grinding sound if i do it quickly)...using Redline 75w90 gear oil, dat's wat i've been told frm the prev owner..Can somebody tell how can i solve this prob?..Thanks in advance

p/s: using stock clutch and still in good condition..
Redline 75w90 gear oil...using the wrong gear oil alrdy la and this is why that cause you difficult to shift the gear...its for rear differential not for transaxle or transmission...and its GL-5,it will corrosive the bronze or brass made synchronizes...

try to switch to MT-90 GL-4...it might solve the problem....cheers~~~:biggrin:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i havin the same problem bro! 1st to 2nd got grinding sound.... 4th to 5th sure sticky wan....on my sgti... some say cause of clutch better if used racings wan! also dont know la cause at time i do drive fast scared later on long term gearbox kong....

then how ur solve the prob?..wat gear oil u using?..

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Redline 75w90 gear oil...using the wrong gear oil alrdy la and this is why that cause you difficult to shift the gear...its for rear differential not for transaxle or transmission...and its GL-5,it will corrosive the bronze or brass made synchronizes...

try to switch to MT-90 GL-4...it might solve the problem....cheers~~~:biggrin:

really ah bro?..how much is dat motul gear oil?..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
But if got grinding sound while shifting from 2 to 1 then maybe your synchronizer already kong... i used to have this sound, very irritating...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
ehdrian:
ya bai~~~

not motul la...

its one of the redline product too...redline MT-90 75w-90 GL-4...rm55/quart...:biggrin:

bro, wat's GL-4?..their grade of viscosity?..the greater the number for the GL means it's not suitable for my gearbox?..i plan to use TORCO SGO-GL 6 gear oil but i'm afraid the gear shifts will become even more difficult cos the GL number is greater..

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

But if got grinding sound while shifting from 2 to 1 then maybe your synchronizer already kong... i used to have this sound, very irritating...
will try to change the gear oil and see how, if synchronizer rosak then teruk ade.. =(

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
ehdrian:
GL-4 its a grade frm the API....for transaxle and transmission use only GL-4 but some can use both GL-4 and 5 depends on the manufacturer...

GL-6...myb its both compatible?haven seen before yet...because most in the market now are GL-4 and GL5...frm mineral to fully syn...

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
haven done anything yet! sending my car to workshop on monday!!!! changing the clutch plus servicing the gearbox,, hope things will be better!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
ehdrian:
GL-4 its a grade frm the API....for transaxle and transmission use only GL-4 but some can use both GL-4 and 5 depends on the manufacturer...

GL-6...myb its both compatible?haven seen before yet...because most in the market now are GL-4 and GL5...frm mineral to fully syn...

bro, for my case, GL-4 is good enough?..thx for the explaination bro.. SGO synthetic racing gear oils >>--check this out..

93na: i'll wait for ur feedback ok.. =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey fellas i would like to know how could a 4g63t twin cam or 4g43 sohc fit in a box type lancer & what is the necessary conversion i'll need to do ???? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience