steering runs..

DeadManWalking

Jun 28, 2005
Johor Bahru
hey y'all. need some help from those experienced from this. My car don have power steering. When i turn to the right and steer back straight, the steering is not centered, need to turn left a little then only centered. this goes same the opposite direction. some say need to change rubber pad/bush at the allignment bolt/nut. is it true? is there any rubber bush/pad from the steering itself and all the way out to thee wheels? Please.. sakit kepala..

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
erm, check your steering system, the whole thing, might be got problem already at the joints, either lose or something, cause sometimes after long use, wear and tear, or maybe your steering system become like bus and lorry wan steering wan, veyrhard to centre :P ekekke, JK JK....but please do check your whole assambly, those rubber pads and bushing are mostly for absorbing the shakes and rattles when you are driving, nothing much to do with centreing of your steering :D but sometimes, if your car is old, might have that problem too :D

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
I had this same problem with my car.When turn the stearing it wont come back straight.When i was doing alighment at the shop,the mech notis about it while test driving.He told me it was my stearing rack mounting.I change it and now its ok.Also check ur stearing rod and end bolt mounting.Some info from the experience

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
Freedom_Blue said:
I had this same problem with my car.When turn the stearing it wont come back straight.When i was doing alighment at the shop,the mech notis about it while test driving.He told me it was my stearing rack mounting.I change it and now its ok.Also check ur stearing rod and end bolt mounting.Some info from the experience
yup, true.. its due to worn steering mounting bushes.. normally the workshop will out some padding (ussually tube layer) to tighten it back.. could also be tie end rod but not ussualy the case..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have the manual book everything but the problem is no ppl know where to install or to tune ? or i just have to diy my self ? any better way ? any ppl knw how to diy ?
any reply in this would be highly appricaited :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience