Standard rims are BORING

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Subaru S-series BBS (eg S203; S04) to die for imho.

Even ur talking about the R205, that set also yummy.

if u talk about traditional 5-spokes, i dig dis. maybe it is on ferrari.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
cheap car comes with cheap and dying like rim design.
let me see....on local car,savvy rim is not bad.same goes for the neo r3 rims.
then again..its personal preferance.

my waja comes with the 16 inch 9 spoke rim.the same one used on some perdana.no,its not the perdana which wears it first.my model got it.
it fits the car boxy style and most of all the wheel arch looks properly filled.
still,i am going for a downgrade to 15 when my tire needs changing.cheaper tire,more choice.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
In a way forced to have them, so don't like straight away change them. I remember years ago, when buying P1 cars, there was an option for steel rims, but when you order a car with steel rims, the salesman will tell you have to wait much longer to get one, then force the buyer to get one with alooy rims. Imagine paying extra (because don't come with car) RM1400 for 14" rims....:banghead::banghead: Then go tyre shop chnage they offer RM300 to 400 only.....:bawling:
I agree with the statement. The buyers first pay to to manufacturers, and made profit from the sales. The buyers then go to accesories shop and purchase another set of rims, and the shop owner makes profit from the buyers. The "loser" would be the car owners.

Why not manufacturers work together with some good rim manufacturers....and package it together with the sales of their cars?. What we Malaysian dont have now are a longer and better list of options.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I agree with the statement. The buyers first pay to to manufacturers, and made profit from the sales. The buyers then go to accesories shop and purchase another set of rims, and the shop owner makes profit from the buyers. The "loser" would be the car owners.

Why not manufacturers work together with some good rim manufacturers....and package it together with the sales of their cars?. What we Malaysian dont have now are a longer and better list of options.
Because based on the current system they get more money each?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on what car you decided to get. If you get supercars, I'm quite sure that their OEM rims looks quite well with the car. Even Japanese performance cars have good looking rims that comes standard like those on FD2R, Lancer Evolution, Impreza WRX STI...

If you are referring to normal cars, then I think the previous Civic FD 2.0 and Lancer GT comes with rather nice rims. But nonetheless, majority of normal cars have rims that are deemed as ugly.
I see many FD2 also change rims......hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Please...this is the bomb!
Personal preference, I don't like woh!......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Problem is car manufacturer want to make, rim manufacturer also want to make, so win/win situation for them, rim manufacturer ask car manufacturer take all old rims/design or old stock/slow moving stock. When you see car manufacturer face lift with new rims means rim stock finish, rim manufacturer supply next slow moving stock.......reality...... :smokin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Depends on what car haha! And no matter how nice is the rims, we will still change the rims. Why? Cuz a lot never want to be the same :biggrin:

Got a few with nice rims ma. In my opinion la haha!

lovely R3 rims..

I got those rims for my b-line neo....
just before they make it 'standard' for neo R3...damn...
so my aftermarket become standard again...

and the Evo VII Extreme rims...enkei i think...so rare i cant even find the photo anywhere...

and they might give option for seats, steering, bodykit, led, and audio system too..malaysian loves to 'change' those..

anyway, those things including rims are compliant to safety aspect..
they need to test each of it...and it is costly...

i have experienced where people in proton said that my early R3 rims are lighter and more prone to damage than the latest standard R3 rims which have been tested and improved for mass production..

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Whaaaaattt..who is the ts for this thread..so mean man..im using a caldina standard rims 5 spoke for my celica instead of the previous dunno-how-many spoke rims.oh it was a wedsport. I love lesser spoke..it shows the brakes..especially after u change to brembo and use a 4 or 5 spoke rims. It will be like Miranda kerr transforming to Megan Fox.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Do they really sell that? Without the lambo of course..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has finally launched the V36 Skyline Coupe 370GT to the Japanese market with 333ps under the hood, making it the most powerful V6 in its class.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

The V36 Skyline Coupe is powered by VQ37VHR ,also includes Nissan’s new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience