spoild paint on my Car Roof, - Help Please!

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
I hope someone can help me out with some constructive advice please.

I drive an old Wira which is in fantastic condition and drives perfectly with one exception - it has a persistant spoild paint like egg style on the roof. i affraid it will be damaged very soon

so where they anything sealed the sunroof or repainted the whole roof to stop it get damaged? -

which one bring more save cost?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

intend to change a new car soon or lately.

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
The 'spoild paint' you mentioned is actually rust that waiting to burst out from the paint. My suggestion is leave it as it is; since you are selling it! No point spending $$$$ doing it up and then sell..trust me..you won't recoup the repair cost.

However if you intend to keep this car for a foreseeable future, it is adviceble to change the roof's skin completely. This will require the removing of both the windscreen. Next they will splice your roof like sardin can, put in a new one, weld it, cement it, and repaint it..might as well as add in another thousand and get the car completely re-sprayed.

By employing this option it is more lasting than just patching the holes here and there. After doing this up you might not even want to sell already..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
The 'spoild paint' you mentioned is actually rust that waiting to burst out from the paint. My suggestion is leave it as it is; since you are selling it! No point spending $$$$ doing it up and then sell..trust me..you won't recoup the repair cost.

However if you intend to keep this car for a foreseeable future, it is adviceble to change the roof's skin completely. This will require the removing of both the windscreen. Next they will splice your roof like sardin can, put in a new one, weld it, cement it, and repaint it..might as well as add in another thousand and get the car completely re-sprayed.

By employing this option it is more lasting than just patching the holes here and there. After doing this up you might not even want to sell already..
where can this be done bro my car also have a serious problem of roof rusting my car is from 1997 and is proton also
can u recommend me a good shop to fix this problem?
im located in sentul,kl so hopefully it wont be too far as well

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
hello,

Just go to any of your friendly body & paint workshop..they can do it for ya. Oh I didn't mention that the removal of both the windscreen is very very tricky and delicate process, leave it to non-experienced or those without the windscreen removal tools might ruin it..especially the laminated windscreen...make sure when you deal :deal: with the workshop, ask them to warranty it! But of course they'll charge more for this.:thefinger:

Or gimme until Monday, I'll try to look the workshop for ya (lost the contact from old h/p), the workshop is in Puchong 6 1/2 miles.:biggrin:

Happi :driver:

Cheerz:beer:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hello,

Just go to any of your friendly body & paint workshop..they can do it for ya. Oh I didn't mention that the removal of both the windscreen is very very tricky and delicate process, leave it to non-experienced or those without the windscreen removal tools might ruin it..especially the laminated windscreen...make sure when you deal :deal: with the workshop, ask them to warranty it! But of course they'll charge more for this.:thefinger:

Or gimme until Monday, I'll try to look the workshop for ya (lost the contact from old h/p), the workshop is in Puchong 6 1/2 miles.:biggrin:

Happi :driver:

Cheerz:beer:
bro this workshop in puchong is their work good??
and when u talk about removing windscreens and all mean replacing the roof rite
how much would that cost roughly???im also very interested coz pimples started popping out on my roof

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
- roof for putra @ approx 9++ half cut shop
- labour to replace @ vary from place 2 place but shld b around 600-800++
- painting (just roof) @ about 200 or so...

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Just change the roof because u said want to change car soon, then maybe if wanna trade your car later, your car price wont be much lower because of the good condition + new roof. :driver:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
- roof for putra @ approx 9++ half cut shop
- labour to replace @ vary from place 2 place but shld b around 600-800++
- painting (just roof) @ about 200 or so...
waliao so mahal kah bro
around 2k to fix the roof rusting i think if do this pokai oh
but if we do this how long can the job last???

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hehe yeap yeap but install sunroof also need to factor in the workmanship charges also rite coz the sunroof itself is about 1 k rite so it should be around the same or more in the end
correct me if im wrong please dun really know much about roof

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
mrnazmi...yes ur rite bro...BUT..u have 2 get approval from JPJ..n i heard its x so easy n quick..time consuming is 1 thing..u gotta go back n forth JPJ..then after install have 2 go back to them n PUSPAKOM for inspection..

bro kumar, d price i listed was approx based on a customer car i did which was also a putra..i also inc APPROX bcoz u may find other places "offering" cheaper or sumthin

If rm2k can just install the sunroof to your roof already, more cun lor...:smokin:

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
mrnazmi...yes ur rite bro...BUT..u have 2 get approval from JPJ..n i heard its x so easy n quick..time consuming is 1 thing..u gotta go back n forth JPJ..then after install have 2 go back to them n PUSPAKOM for inspection..
fazidk, yes, you are rite, my car already done it, not really hard to do, quite basic rules to inspect the sunroof and get the approvals from JPJ and Puspakom...:driver:

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
other cheaper option but not long lasting...weld the rusty spots..then repaint...i think will only last for about one or two years if done properly...correct me if i'm wrong...

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
of coz replacing wld b d best option bro but i x afford 2 go back n forth (due to distance n work)..anyway dis was wat i did (dis was about 4 yrs ago when i sprayed my car) just repaired d roof DIY..i removed d carpet..grinded d rust areas on top n scraped off d inside ("tulang" n glue area) applied some stuff..n...walaaaa its x a perfect job i must say (did at home so make use of tools i got)..roof bit2 wavy la hehehe but x so obvious...after about 4yrs..i wish it x come up again but dats wishful thinking..only a few new spots have come out..n im talking about 3-4 new spots..

not bad eh for self DIY..just finished d same treatment yesterday n waiting 4 some free space @ my shop 2 spray paint it...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

remember the black surface paint coat on trucks?

if it's available in small rattlecans i wanna buy to re-spray my bumper black trimming.
according to how tuff those bedliners are, iIMO once you spray 'em on ur linings, it'll last fer years!

can we actually get 'em anywhere? or hafta send to some place to get it sprayed?

tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience