Special Visitor and Track Timing at 2007 F1 Team Testing Sepang Circuit

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
SPECIAL VISITOR AT F1 TEAM TESTING IN SEPANG.

The first ever Official Formula One Team Testing blazed through Sepang F1 Circuit today with more than 1,000 fans taking opportunity from the free entry and fine weather to enjoy the thrills and excitement of motor racing including a special 18-year old fan from Petaling Jaya.

Disabled since birth but a die-hard F1 fan, Jeremy Ong insisted to his father, One Seng Chee to take him to the testing for his first ever visit to the circuit and that he would not want to miss the landmark event for anything.

“I just could not let him down this time. He has asked me so many times before. So, I made this trip to the circuit and he was so excited throughout our journey to the circuit,” said Seng Chee, who was accompanied by his daughter, Ginny.

“He really loved Formula One and he knows each and every driver in the sports. I would like to thank Sepang Circuit for helping me to make this trip possible,” added Ong, who said that he had always thought of going to the race; but decided not to because it was too crowded and difficult for Jeremy.

“We simply take our chance today and Jeremy finally got his dream of watching the F1 car live and hearing that roaring sound. It’s simply amazing,” added Ong.

On the first day of testing today, Jeremy and the other fans saw BMW’s Robert Kubica clocking the fastest time of 1 minute 36.187 seconds; upstaging the Australian GP winner Kimi Raikkonen who was second fastest with 1 minute 36.302 seconds.

Clocking the fastest time in the afternoon session, the Petronas-backed team had obviously overcome a gearbox problem that they encountered in the morning session.

Speaking at an afternoon press conference earlier, Kubica, who completed 92 laps today, highlighted on the gear-box problem, adding that it would be a priority for the team in preparation of the 2007 Formula One Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix next weekend.

While he stressed that it was important for the team to do well in the race, Kubica said that it was unlikely that he and team mate Nick Heidfeld to match the speed of the Ferrari drivers, whom he put as favourites for the race.
“The performance of the Ferrari cars was like coming from another planet,” said Kubica, who has set a target of finishing among the top five for the Malaysian race.

Happy with the opportunity to test before the race, Kubica said he was looking forward for the Malaysian GP to make amends for a disastrous Australian GP where his car encountered gear box problems.
The 22-year old Polish also said that he was looking forward to the Petronas Pit Demo in Melaka on Sunday where he and partner Nick Heidfeld aimed to thrill the local fans in the historical city.

F1 TEAM TESTING – CLASSIFICATION
1. Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber F1 Team) 1:36.187s
2. Kimi Raikkonen (Scuderia Ferrari) 1:36.302s
3. Alexander Wurz (AT&T Williams) 1:36.334s
4. Rubens Barrichello (Honda Racing F1 Team) 1:36.826s
5. Pedro de la Rosa (McLaren Mercedes) 1:37.106s
6. Frank Montagny (Panasonic Toyota Racing) 1:37.267s
7. Takuma Sato (Super Aguri F1 Team) 1:37.389s
8. David Coulthard (Red Bull Racing) 1:37.609s
9. Nelson Piquet (ING Renault F1 Team) 1:38.199s
10. Scott Speed (Scuderia Toro Rosso) 1:38.503s

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifu,

After I install the central locking, my door lamp function when door open. Door lamp cannot function when i switch on... central lock is ok... Do my wiring got problem? because 4 wire i only use and 1 white wire no use...

please help me.. dear sifu...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience