Silent exhaust

mgbk

Known Member
Hi bros,
Currently i have a exhaust set up which includes a 4-2-1 extractor, mid bullet and 5zigen exhaust tip. I find my exhaust sound very loud and sometimes annoying. I am looking into changing the exhaust system to a more silent system. Any advice from the sifus out there on how to deal with this and not lose power at the same time. Thanks.

Get a different muffler + change the bullet in the middle to a silencer :biggrin:
What car do you drive anyway dude?

Get a different muffler + change the bullet in the middle to a silencer :biggrin:
What car do you drive anyway dude?

I drive a 97' hyundai coupe. Any muffler to recommend? cause i heard cap ayam mufflers are noisy.

ur 5chicken muffler is the culprit... get s-flow muffler is u want silent ride...

Yeah. The muffler was from the previous owner. Want to change it soon. If i do an S-flow would there be loss in power?

Skywalkers right, the S-Flow is damn quiet if you get the setup right... usually near OEM but bassier?

Cap ayam ones work well, just get one with a bigger muffler, not like those trumpet ones so small nothing to silence the noise with :biggrin:

Wendi's best friend is here in ZTH too? Ahahahaha. Put Mivec inside your Hyundai la.

Muffler, go buy like our blue putra owner. Ori Apexi. Go find from hafkat.

Wendi's best friend is here in ZTH too? Ahahahaha. Put Mivec inside your Hyundai la.

Muffler, go buy like our blue putra owner. Ori Apexi. Go find from hafkat.

Eh who is this. How do u know i am friends with wen di? I bet its Chris right. No money for transplant now. Maybe long term goal. Lol. For the exhaust i might want to do twin exhaust. Still thinking.

Eh who is this. How do u know i am friends with wen di? I bet its Chris right. No money for transplant now. Maybe long term goal. Lol. For the exhaust i might want to do twin exhaust. Still thinking.

HAHAHA talk about having your own personal stalker :rofl:

Where got stalk. Same uni fellow la. Make your Hyundai VIP style la, since you are running on 17's already. Twin exhaust should do.

Get a japanese muffler with Jasma tagged 'for street use'...i changed 3 types with this logo and it is so quiet its like u never changed the muffler...

get the bigger muffler. 5zigen is always produce noisy muffler.. install 2 nos midbox in your exhaust system also can help u reduce the sound..

Last edited:
yes it does... bigger piping means lesser restriction and combustion noise is louder.flow is straight out rumbling...skywalker is jedi sipooo

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

anyway, if all others are stock like ur end muffler and ur midbox AND you still have ur CAT, the size of the piping would differ alot from the stock diameter...whats the point?

straight flow sure noisy lorr ...want silent ....stay stock muffler lor ..confirm silent geh ...but luckily my straight flow from melaka mali punya is silent :biggrin:

oo..thanks guys...2 years ago, i change my muffler to straight flow, bullet and throw away the midbox plus bigger piping rom bullet to muffler..the muffler has big tabung..for 6 months, the sound is great..bassier sound, but after then, very pekak..then i change to standard back since got no money to try2..the sound change because of the element got burned or what? can put the element back?i still had that tabung at my store..sayang, my first straight exhaust