Scissors Door Installation...Knows anyone??

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
Dear ZTH members,

does anyone where I can find a reasonable place for installing a scissors door gadjet? Please recommend, thanx. :rolleyes:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
there's one shop in seremban doing it...my friend did it for his SE Ltd b4 & it cost him around RM4000 . But my friend's SE is not for daily use , strictly for best car competitions only.....& he won last year in i think overall category........if yrs is daily usage car then check with JPJ whether its legal or not........

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
guys,

thanx for the not so specific answers, Brother's, I won't wanna do my installation there, coz' their installation contractors are inexperience and snoblish. I had an experience with them recently with ground wire installation. you know what they did, all they do is attaching all the ground wire from the (-) battery terminal and onto my engine valve cover only, on every single nut they can find on the cover. Imagine how does it look, looks terrific coz' it looks like extra power plug cable. Quickly enough I drove back and reinstall everything all over again, in my mind 'sc--w them, wasting my time and money.

Anyway, I don't think such door insatllation would require JPJ's approval because there's no item specification in our car registration card....so, I don't worry about that. Oh yes, if I'm mistaken the price range is somewhere from RM1.5k to 2k.

Please do me a favor....to get more information, thanx.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
daiichi does it on one of their toyota before. even their putras sport the scissors door mod. pricing not too sure, probably got qouted for the similar price as you got there.

the mod itself is fairly simple. Just make sure the installers' welding is up to your standard.might be much more worth it to try and get the hinges from well known brand. expensive, yes. but it's worth it especially for daily driver. I think local scissors doors have their hinges fabricated in house.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
VLS hinge kit goes for about 1000 english pounds

LSD is another well known brand, although I don't know the pricing.

Another one is gtfactory. also have no idea about pricing. but what I do know is that they do international shipping.

I think the site is www.gtfactory.jp

it's an american company

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
Jimslec said:
Dear ZTH members,

does anyone where I can find a reasonable place for installing a scissors door gadjet? Please recommend, thanx. :rolleyes:
bro,if you are so dam serious,i have one place..price Rm 1500 firm..but the locations is in seremban..time?3-4 days to install..and it can be unistalled (if you change you mind).can open a bit like regular door..

and i know you want some picture..

this car door is done by us

so,if you want it..call me : 012-3687105

p/s : just trying to help

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
that's not possible.

the only way you can scissored all 4 doors will be to suicide the rear scissors.

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
reddice said:
bro,if you are so dam serious,i have one place..price Rm 1500 firm..but the locations is in seremban..time?3-4 days to install..and it can be unistalled (if you change you mind).can open a bit like regular door..

and i know you want some picture..

this car door is done by us

so,if you want it..call me : 012-3687105

p/s : just trying to help

reddice,

sorry to disappoint you....coz' it's a bit too late for you to let me know the place you know...already ordered for the parts and just waiting for the right time to get it fix....thanx anyway. :cool:

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
what GT factory??? If you are interested you can always follow me there...coming weekend...at PD...pm me or reddice...ja

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

6 months ago i put in ground cable to my engine,chassis,alternator,throttle body...right now im planning to put additional cable to my aircond compresor,will it give any good effect???will the air conditioning suffer by installing another cable to the compresor,ur opinion wud be appreciated...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience