RPM suddenly went up to 2.5k and stayed.

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
My wira 1.5 FI engine rpm turned out to be hair wired lately. Intermittently, when u crank start the vehicle, the engine rpm will suddenly shoot up to 2500rpm and keep idling at that rpm. I've tried to stepped on the throttle a few time but still the same.

Hence, turn of the engine restarted....still the same. Need to restart a few more times to get it back to normal idling (800-900 rpm).

I've already tune up using MUT a few months back,

Is this a symptom of throttle body failure? Need to change the throttle body?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
perhaps your throttle body is just dirty.. have it cleaned and see how it goes. Another possible cause would be a dirty air filter.

high idle at cold start is normal. at least for a couple of minutes.. nothing to worry about.

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
It's not the kind of step up in rpm when cold.....It's abnormal and happened even when hot.

Will a "kong" oxygen sensor, Vacuum sensor causing such problem?

I'll try another throttle body cleaning + MUT tuning again.

fai

500 RPM
May 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Try to cleaning the TB, maybe dirty. But last time happened, my TB sensor kong. Have to change TB. Cheers..

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
Change thottle body damn expensive. I asked my fren oredy.....new one around rm1200, new one black market rm600 but recond one dunno how much. Hopefully it's not damaged.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
haha, not black market la dude, just half cut one la...nuthin illegal. :D

but yeah, just clean the T/B check any fault codes that the MUT at proton service centre didn't reset for you yet.

lilreubs

Mar 11, 2005
kuala lumpur
Few months back my wira 1.6engine rpm will suddenly shoot up to 2500rpm and keep idling at that rpm too..it was so irritating n in a way it was wasting fuel too.i sent it for repairs 4 couple of time n it was the same.. :( so finally i changed my throttle body to a V6 one ,but it was kinda expensive lar,about 700 bucks.n so far no prob lar n the rpm is back 2 normal. my second solution 4 u is to reset ur ecu box.by reseting u will get back the factory settings n the rpm will get back to normal.it works for my car lar.
cheers!

Speedsm0ker

Jan 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I changed my TB too ... but my situation was worse ...
my car die off everytime i engage D ... have to step on pedal a bit baru can engage gear D ... but i got my TB change to Perdana also 350 bucks onli ...
but mine is chopshop one la :P
BTW, all the car owner here with TB all driving Proton ??
Why la ... Proton TB problem really common :(

rasco

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
shah alam/JB
comp.fsksm.utm.my
used to had the same prob wif ford laser.. was sending my mom toher office.. it idles at ... (thousand ++ la) err... can't remember.. but.. on my way back.. i revv kau kau.. changing gear at high rpm.. not speeding eh :P .. just doit till 2nd gear.. then it back to normal.. till today.. never got the prob again.. for me la.. dunno la bout my dad.. :lol:

oh ya.. btw.. if the rpm needle won't response or stayed at middle rpm but engine not revving.. so.. can it be a wiring prob?? :huh:

jedi

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
i have this experience before

it's just the choke problem, bought a choke repair kit and fix it, problem solved

choke repair kit cost me around rm65 only

cheers

rayz85

Known Member
Aug 28, 2004
PJ, Sunway
clean TB how much ark? mine oso same prob.. sometimes start car da rpm doesnt even move.. sometimes ok.. den sometimes go up to 3, sometimes 4.. scary..hahah.. last time checked it with EON they say hv to change da meter..

satria-blues

Apr 8, 2005
Originally posted by rayz85@Apr 1 2005, 23:28
clean TB how much ark? mine oso same prob.. sometimes start car da rpm doesnt even move.. sometimes ok.. den sometimes go up to 3, sometimes 4.. scary..hahah.. last time checked it with EON they say hv to change da meter..
[snapback]860879[/snapback]​
I had the exact same prob, for my satria either the rpm will be at 2 when start or below one, if i on the aircond then it's worst, well
-first just service the TB kit - will cost u like RM50 - 60, i did mine, worked like for one week then the prob came back,
- clean the whole TB (service) still same
- last option change the bloody thing (TB), now ok, car is stable and better pickup and smooth. cost me about RM250 (potong kereta, foreman price)

so u might wanna try to cheapest alternative then work ur way up.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors (HSDM) is previewing the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid after beginning to accept orders for the car a day before. The Ioniq Hybrid is being displayed at an event held at the Malaysia International Exhibition & Convention Centre (MIECC) starting from Nov 10 to Nov 13, 2016...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience