Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah...the forgotten FLX SE.
Its a much better value for money when it was launched, even compared to its 1.3 powered little brother. It got good material 'leather' interior compared to the Myvi 1.5, better fc than Saga 1.3 model and better power to weight ratio (increases in torque is very much needed for the BLM). The bad thing is the CVT whine/drone.
This is very early CVT model which is not refined in term of NVH.

Equipped it with UR rear antiroll bar, front upper strut bar, front lower 4 point bar and decent rubber on the stock 15 inch wheel...then it will handles in a solid manner without sacrificing comfort...except for the cvt whine/drone.
Got MT then nice.......lol

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
by the time you're ready to sell... you already fixed up most of the things... that's what happened to me... ended up keeping it for a while...

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Sell, looks like a waste since many things replaced, don't sell, scare other things crop up........hahhahhahaha
you learn alot during the replacement. consider as paying for the learning process. sell the car in order to learn more from new car purchase. keep learning by buying new car, learn how to replace and fixed it and selling the car and repeat again like a cycle

Reactions: Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sadly my area very hard to find a manual flx se.
All are CVT unit.
Hahahahahhah
I dont think they produce flx 1.6 in manual.The 'X' in the name denotes it comes with CVT gb to differentiate with normal fl model. Also ,the flx 1.6 only comes in white or red colour.

Proton only produce BLM body with 1.6 manual, that time made to cater taxi drivers but every now and then a used one will pop up for sale. So far i only see them in white. This model is 'empty' in term of spec.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you learn alot during the replacement. consider as paying for the learning process. sell the car in order to learn more from new car purchase. keep learning by buying new car, learn how to replace and fixed it and selling the car and repeat again like a cycle
In a way, yes. I learn alot too staying and help my mechanic not only with my own car, but many owners usually just drop their cars there for repairs then pick it up when ready.......lol

Reactions: KHNG940413

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Is like a one way ticket but in return we get experience to share with other.

But.....still need $$$ to flip to a new car also lahh
Hahahahahaha

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Is Repairing a GSR turbo bearing experience?
Crankshaft bearing I mean.
Test drive a friend car hearing the ka ka ka sound like bearing gonna rosak

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Is Repairing a GSR turbo bearing experience?
Crankshaft bearing I mean.
Test drive a friend car hearing the ka ka ka sound like bearing gonna rosak
turbo bearing or crankshaft bearing... x sama tau.
both if fail, sound is the least of your concerns

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Turbo he juz recond
Is the crank shaft bearing
Crank shaft bearing by itself is friendly to the wallet. Crankshaft bearing + if crank journal damaged + while u r at it stuff + overall labour is not that friendly to wallet.

This is how i gauge repair cost;
1.search for the parts price online inclusive of consumables related to it (gasket maker, seals, gasket, oil, fluid )
2.Add some to each parts cost. If minor parts i will add RM50 and below, if major parts will add up to RM200 to RM500 as most workshops will mark up.
3.Add few more hundred for labour.

I did this by comparing older repair bill esp the labor cost and always estimate higher. Easiest way is to ask a rough estimate from workshop. I did the estimation myself because i want to see if its worth it to DIY. If that time my pocket is deep, I will just send to shop and say the magic word 'buat lah, xpe buat pelan2 tak urgent. dah siap nanti call'.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Crank shaft bearing by itself is friendly to the wallet. Crankshaft bearing + if crank journal damaged + while u r at it stuff + overall labour is not that friendly to wallet.

This is how i gauge repair cost;
1.search for the parts price online inclusive of consumables related to it (gasket maker, seals, gasket, oil, fluid )
2.Add some to each parts cost. If minor parts i will add RM50 and below, if major parts will add up to RM200 to RM500 as most workshops will mark up.
3.Add few more hundred for labour.

I did this by comparing older repair bill esp the labor cost and always estimate higher. Easiest way is to ask a rough estimate from workshop. I did the estimation myself because i want to see if its worth it to DIY. If that time my pocket is deep, I will just send to shop and say the magic word 'buat lah, xpe buat pelan2 tak urgent. dah siap nanti call'.
by time it makes a racket, its not gab be friendly liao.... tbh unless theres an oil pressure gauge, i wouldnt be able to tell that its failing

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu;s & fren's, my close relatives car had been stolen this morning below is the car descriptions :

Proton Iswara sedan
colour: blue
plate no : WFJ 5715
last seen locations : near Carrefour Peel Road, Kuala lumpur.

I hope ZTH member can help to locate this car.
I know this is a very ordinary car, but it means much to its owner.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience