Review: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49″ monitor on a sim rig

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

For anyone embarking on a budget sim rig journey considering using a cheap / spare TV instead of computer monitor, this is what I gathered from my recent sim racing experience, comparing my existing 55″ 1080 TV setup to a computer monitor.

While the expansive TV screen offered immersive visuals, the computer monitor brought forth a sharper focus on details and a faster response time. However, it’s essential to note that for those on a budget, using a spare TV can be a cost-effective solution. Yet, when exploring monitor options, I stumbled upon the impressive clarity and enhanced visual experience offered by 4k televisions. These screens not only provide a leap in resolution but also bring an extra layer of realism to the virtual racing world. It’s a worthwhile consideration for enthusiasts looking...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
That rig and 49" can potentially buy me a used e46. Hahaha... but what a rig
Must've been the strategically taken pics, Tbh the rig is not much at all, this relic logitech system is what I had circa 2010, just reconfigured for today's use. People still sell the exact steel frame new for the same 1500. In fact this one was a demo unit from an After12 ad on the marketplace here. I can't seem to find the post anymore. Quite a bit of history with this setup over the years, very nostalgic. Also proud that it performs beautifully, especially with some additions I made, more recently being the GT3 inspired wheel

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Must've been the strategically taken pics, Tbh the rig is not much at all, this relic logitech system is what I had circa 2010, just reconfigured for today's use. People still sell the exact steel frame new for the same 1500. In fact this one was a demo unit from an After12 ad on the marketplace here. I can't seem to find the post anymore. Quite a bit of history with this setup over the years, very nostalgic. Also proud that it performs beautifully, especially with some additions I made, more recently being the GT3 inspired wheel
whats your computer hardware like? Pretty sure you need a pretty powerful GPU and CPU to run anything like this on high settings

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
whats your computer hardware like? Pretty sure you need a pretty powerful GPU and CPU to run anything like this on high settings
the pc is average i suppose, it's an amd ryzen 5 3600, rtx2060 6gb, 16gbram and ssd, for 1080p it's just right, not so good for 4k
technically even a laptop can run the games, just with less detail

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Your next task tomorrow...get a new RM10k GPU :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience