Repairing ECU

amu5e

hi all, my ecu is f**cked. anyone can recomend a reliable place to repair?

thanx.

this is one topic i would like to know. from what i know, i have heard of only one who does repair. whether or not this is true, i am no idea. i wouldn't be too confident myself.

i studied ecu reprogramming in italy some years back, as a hobby. i have yet to realise this business because of my work commitment. yes many of u will know me as the one who can tune the siemens ecu.

i have also had ppl who have passed me f***ed ecus, i seriously got no idea. i also wonder how others would have any idea. in the first place, i dun even know what could be wrong by looking at a perfectly good ecu with no short circuits...etc

well if someone knows or have heard of someone who can "repair" do share. i believe he could be very rich one day.

monmon said:
this is one topic i would like to know. from what i know, i have heard of only one who does repair. whether or not this is true, i am no idea. i wouldn't be too confident myself.

i studied ecu reprogramming in italy some years back, as a hobby. i have yet to realise this business because of my work commitment. yes many of u will know me as the one who can tune the siemens ecu.

i have also had ppl who have passed me f***ed ecus, i seriously got no idea. i also wonder how others would have any idea. in the first place, i dun even know what could be wrong by looking at a perfectly good ecu with no short circuits...etc

well if someone knows or have heard of someone who can "repair" do share. i believe he could be very rich one day.

yeah... agree with mommon... salute with those "engineer"

My ecu went f***ed once. just died on me at the toll plaza. Manage to repair it at Meru, klang (ALT workshop) for RM380. Good job, after that no problems.

I'm using a mivec ecu. the thing about mitsubishi ecu's are that the capacitors dont last for more then 5-8 years. they are bound to give way. life span of the product and because of high operating temperatures. you could change it to higher spec capacitors. the one that can stand higher operating temperatures. the ones in the factory ecu are under rated. If you look at it from a japanese manufacturer point of view, the engine /car is not suppose to be used for more then 3 years in japan. (law there) so they dont have to worry about the ECU dying later.

other problems that could cause ECU dying would be poor wiring systems. exposed wires and so on. diodes for the power unit in the ECU could get fried from poor wiring.

amir1218 said:
If you look at it from a japanese manufacturer point of view, the engine /car is not suppose to be used for more then 3 years in japan. (law there) so they dont have to worry about the ECU dying later.

siao. i still have my 20yrs+ honda civic gen2 :D

yup amir is rite
poor & old wiring especially splicing of cable for piggyback will fry the ECU caps much faster as well

amu5e,
what ECU u running?
hmmmm, would suggest getting a good 2nd hand set rather than repairing unless u really love the current ECU or its hard to find & expensive. get the faulty 1 repaired later and keep as spare or sell :D

monmon said:

i'm doing ecu repairing..but still not rich...:rolleyes:

amir1218 said:
My ecu went f***ed once. just died on me at the toll plaza. Manage to repair it at Meru, klang (ALT workshop) for RM380. Good job, after that no problems.

I'm using a mivec ecu. the thing about mitsubishi ecu's are that the capacitors dont last for more then 5-8 years. they are bound to give way. life span of the product and because of high operating temperatures. you could change it to higher spec capacitors. the one that can stand higher operating temperatures. the ones in the factory ecu are under rated. If you look at it from a japanese manufacturer point of view, the engine /car is not suppose to be used for more then 3 years in japan. (law there) so they dont have to worry about the ECU dying later.

other problems that could cause ECU dying would be poor wiring systems. exposed wires and so on. diodes for the power unit in the ECU could get fried from poor wiring.

i oni fry my auto tranny ecu coz of air cond water dripping onto it....

i tot keiichi stil keep his ae86??? 20 years++:confused:
N i stil see so many galants in the japan galant club...

kher said:
i oni fry my auto tranny ecu coz of air cond water dripping onto it....

i tot keiichi stil keep his ae86??? 20 years++:confused:
N i stil see so many galants in the japan galant club...

keiichi not using factory/stock ECU mah...

cipan_supercas said:

hmmm...he said one day...may be not today....may be next month...next year??? :p

speedking said:
keiichi not using factory/stock ECU mah...

he said engine/car wor...not supposed to be more than 3 years..

izit illegal to continue to use the cars after 3 years in japan???
or they can make thier choice??:confused:

Levin AE101 ECU Auto

Hi,

I have 2 units of Levin AE101 ECU auto (spares that I bought in June/July this year but can't use them now as I've changed my engine to a Blacktop auto) at RM450/unit negotiable.

Interested call me at 012-2880312.

Cheerio

Yap

cipan_supercas said:
cipan_supercas
got some question to ask u....
i facing this problem i find a engine from the chop shop(the engine quit old 1 but is injection turbo la)but dun have the ecu coz malaysia dun have this type car ecu.the car is nissan sunny 130y, the engine i found it is 1500cc e15et turbo spec....did u have any idea for this problem or can buy the 1600cc nissan sentra ecu to modify or + afc?is it can work?tk :rock:

No Choice - Buy 2nd Hand

Bro, no choice. I found 2 ECU units of my Levin engine - 1 4 spare.

Now I want to sell them as I've just changed to another engine - Blacktop and also bought another ECU for this Blacktop as spare.