Renault Clio 1.2 GT Line EDC Transmission Issue

mysql2779

Dec 30, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

I am looking at buying an used Renault Clio 1.2 GT , found it's exterior looks good. Then I found this car review done by Bobby , saying that the gearbox ruined the car. Gearbox as in the shifting timing and logic isn't "normal" and Renault might had design the transmission logic in this way to protect the EDC.
Any current Renault Clio 1.2 GT owner can share their experience ?
Is it possible to tune / modify the transmission control unit (TCU) to have logic shifting ?
If YES , where to get it done ?

Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi All,

I am looking at buying an used Renault Clio 1.2 GT , found it's exterior looks good. Then I found this car review done by Bobby , saying that the gearbox ruined the car. Gearbox as in the shifting timing and logic isn't "normal" and Renault might had design the transmission logic in this way to protect the EDC.
Any current Renault Clio 1.2 GT owner can share their experience ?
Is it possible to tune / modify the transmission control unit (TCU) to have logic shifting ?
If YES , where to get it done ?

Thanks.

Test drive it first and decide if it's the car for you. Cuz it doesn't have hot-hatch performance but it's a great runner.

Reactions: mysql2779

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Was wondering if anyone tried fitting sports spring to their car's stock absorbers? Did a low level/budget upgrade by fitting in a APM performax sports spring to the stock APM absorber of my wira. Despite the drastic increase in bumpiness (think it's called road-feel here :_: ), I was pretty satisfied with the performance of the upgrade. The problem crops up after a few weeks when i started hearing weird pinging sounds from the rear and back portion of the suspension..both at the right...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience