Renault accused of spying on McLaren

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Renault chiefs have been summoned to the World Motor Sport Council as a new espionage saga kicks off in formula one. Mere weeks after McLaren was kicked out of the 2007 constructors’ championship and fined $100m for spying on Ferrari, it now emerges that Renault is similarly accused of possessing secret data about the McLaren car.

At the height of the so-called Stepney-gate scandal, it was reported that McLaren had evidence that Renault was also involved in a case of espionage, following the departure of an engineer to the French team. Media reports identified the former McLaren engineer as Phil Mackereth, who supposedly took with him to Renault three disks of detailed information about the Woking based team.

An FIA statement on Thursday said Renault chiefs would appear at the World Motor Sport Council in Monaco on December 6. They will “answer a charge that between September 2006 and October 2007″ the team had “unauthorized possession of documents and confidential information” belonging to McLaren including “the layout and critical dimensions” of the McLaren car.

Also in Renault’s unauthorized possession was “details of the McLaren fueling system, gear assembly, oil cooling system, hydraulic control system and a novel suspension component used by the 2006 and 2007 McLaren F1 cars”, the FIA statement charged.

Source:
Motor Authority

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
what happen to the clean and fair fighting (I mean racing)these days?

drMpower

May 1, 2006
i have had enough of this.

its all fake. i think.

remember few years ago, all teams except SF, wanted to break away from this GP thing because Bernie refuse to give more money to the teams.

Bernie know he need to spice things up. bring back people's attention to F1 or else he'd be gone.

then these so-called SPY-thing.

only one gain on this. the short man with weird hair style.

bernie.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i'm looking for a reliable tuner with a good and fully equiped workshop to help custom my gen2. someone who is able to do engine enhancements, body customization at an affordable price. All this has to be in JB any recommendations?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience