Removing Double tape Stains

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Hi all. my car had just cought with an accident 2 days ago and have minor damage to my rear bumper... my PU bodykit seems to survive the crash... the only problem is that the glue and double tape of the bodykit stuck to my car and i try pealing it off but fail... my friend advised me to use WD40 to clean it but also failed... any other ideas from SIFU-SIFU here?

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Go to an established hardware shop. try finding a can of AMBERSIL LABEL REMOVER. spray it on the double tape mark, let it soak for a few minutes, then peel it of.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i use Goo Gone for all my tape residue...smells good too hehehhe

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
ok tnx guys.. you are the best.... im going to try them on and see the results...

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
removing adhesive or baked glue residues could cost quite a headache

yes there are few way u can do it - aggressively or safely

hard glue residues

my antitode

polymer base all purpose cleaner

many petroleum base chemical does great job like lighter fuel, thinner, WD40 very much base on
Petroleum Base Oil -
as it is DANGEROUS! Flammable aerosol that Contents in a under pressure Tin. Harmful or fatal if is
aspirated and cause lung damage. Use with adequate ventilation.
Keep away from heat, sparks and all other sources of ignition....

Skin Protection: Avoid prolonged skin contact. Chemical resistant gloves recommended for operations where skin contact is likely

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Agree with KC. I use OPC 1:5 or 1:3 ratio to remove double sided tape and some excessive glue from my car number plate safely and effortlessly. It is water based so no chemical fumes, etc. After application and adhesive removal, just wash with water and protect surface. Besides it is a multipurpose cleaner that can be used around the car. Oil based products would require you to clean up (with car shampoo, etc) after use.

Not promoting optimum stuff but there are other chemicals out there may work but first make sure it is paint clear coat safe.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
i successfully clean the the stickers off already using goo gone and it does work but very slow... it takes me around 3 hours to get the whole thing off but i have acquire a secret and faster technique.... i wrap a cloth around a WD40 cap and use it to scrap the glue off.... it works around 6 times faster..... but in this way i sacrifice my cloth... the cloth tore slowly so i need to keep on changing sides...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Coverage of Round 2 of Time To Attack:Sepang continues and this time it's contribution by you, the reader. While we were busy making sure everything went well, there was only very little time to go out and get proper pictures of the whole event. Our photographers were stationed at various points around the pits and circuit but it's impossible to capture...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience