remote problems

shhendri

Nov 18, 2006
My remote's range has droppped severly. How can a purchase a new remote. How do i program the new remote to work with my alarm.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
I'm using king eagle.

The alarm functions very well. the only drawback is the remote buttons that can stop functioning after a while. It happened to a fren and to me twice. but dono about u guys la

For the first occurence, radiostar gave me a replacement for free since the system was still under waranty.

The second occurence... i decided to open the remote and see for myself what's wrong.

guess what... the problem is the contact. in fact after being pressed for many2 times, the triangular piece of metal that is used as contact point and spring-like mechanism will be a bit deformed. in the middle of this triangular piece of metal there is a circular connector which touches a metallic base printed on the circuit board substrate.

this circular connector will get deformed with extensive use and when it is deformed enough, pressing the button will not trigger the associated remote function.

The remedy is simple... just poke this circular point with a screw driver to get the it back to its original shape (well almost) and voila... problem solved. I hope this method can be used by others having similar problems

MaQuereau

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
D'sara
My remote also have problems.. close range and even by the side of the door the alarm doesnt send signal to the car.. sometimes it receives the lock function but to unlock it seems impossible now.. when i pressed the lock button it gave the signal that it's like the range is too far.. Old Town accesory shop Ameng still open or you do installation at some other shop? it's quite annoying thta sometimes the alram can lock and sometimes cant.. where to fix?

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Bro not too sure if its the problem with the lock or the remote or it could be your antenna. The installer is still there but has shifted down a little towards the end of the wet market. Let him have a check. If you need to new remote you can let us know.
Thanks

MaQuereau

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
D'sara
Shifted.. i thought on saturday shop closed.. i'll give it a try.. Thanx.. if new remote how much will that cost? King Eagle alarm..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Nissan GT-R has been killing it on almost every type of racing it has entered, be it circuit, road rallies and even drag racing. Now however, the GT-R has been bestowed the true drag racing treatment as the interwebs are chirping with news that ITP Racecars in Perth, Australia, has been working on a trio of funny car style GT-R drag racers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience