Rebore Campro Block and high comp pistons.

Im Not Fancy

Apr 9, 2015
Melaka
Hi guys, I'm planning to do 1.3 piston conversion to my 1.6 campro.

The workshop guy said he needs to open the block to check and see if there is any freeplay of the pistons, if so, the block needs to be rebored either 0.5 to 1mm.

Is it safe to rebore block? Or is it even safe to bump the compression of my campro? thanks guys :adore:

Can increase compression without management ma?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
rebore is normal...not by much...
especially during overhaul or piston blow...

campro compression is 10:1...not as high but high enough for road use...
no need management, but need to be cautious on knocking...

Im Not Fancy

Apr 9, 2015
Melaka
rebore is normal...not by much...
especially during overhaul or piston blow...

campro compression is 10:1...not as high but high enough for road use...
no need management, but need to be cautious on knocking...
Ahh I see.... using 97 fuel he say no knock, better in fact. thank you =)

Maybe management down the road hahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ahh I see.... using 97 fuel he say no knock, better in fact. thank you =)

Maybe management down the road hahaha
Can use Ron97 at the moment since both 95 & 97 no more subsidy so only 35 sen difference, but if the subsidy comes back in play, then 97 will be costly....:smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
campro ecu intelligent la...for minor mods like that the ecu will compensate...so no worries...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can use Ron97 at the moment since both 95 & 97 no more subsidy so only 35 sen difference, but if the subsidy comes back in play, then 97 will be costly....:smokin:
Oops from this month, 40 sen difference, looks like must go back to Ron95 dy.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

campro ecu intelligent la...for minor mods like that the ecu will compensate...so no worries...
Compensate for better ok, sometimes correct your mod so becomes no more mod....:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Oops from this month, 40 sen difference, looks like must go back to Ron95 dy.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Compensate for better ok, sometimes correct your mod so becomes no more mod....:biggrin:
the ecu will compensate ignition timing if knocking happens and stick to correct a/f ratio....wants more power need to tweak the a/f ratio richens it...

Im Not Fancy

Apr 9, 2015
Melaka
the ecu will compensate ignition timing if knocking happens and stick to correct a/f ratio....wants more power need to tweak the a/f ratio richens it...
Bro Pomen, how do I do that? Tweak A/F ratio? Is it install an Adj Fuel Regulator?

I just received my ride, hehe panting period... Cannot tahan o driving below 3k RPM..... Workshop say u can bantai the car straight.. But no hard launch.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Bro Pomen, how do I do that? Tweak A/F ratio? Is it install an Adj Fuel Regulator?

I just received my ride, hehe panting period... Cannot tahan o driving below 3k RPM..... Workshop say u can bantai the car straight.. But no hard launch.
got piggyback ecu to use....campro ecu very pandai...it doesnt work like mitsubishi common way of mod...

btw...u should be more carefull not to do hard launch very often....later conrod snapped with crank bearing woooo.... (campro weakness)

Im Not Fancy

Apr 9, 2015
Melaka
got piggyback ecu to use....campro ecu very pandai...it doesnt work like mitsubishi common way of mod...

btw...u should be more carefull not to do hard launch very often....later conrod snapped with crank bearing woooo.... (campro weakness)
How they use Campro for Drag Battle???

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
How they use Campro for Drag Battle???
proper engine rebuild, better conrod, better bearings and i bet they re-machine the crank for better dimension/clearance and do treatment to increase the strength as well....basically a full race engine rebuild...so far better than whacking stock factory engine...

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
recently very hard to find tecnical posting like this...after most of the car forum at malaysia died..heheh

Im Not Fancy

Apr 9, 2015
Melaka
proper engine rebuild, better conrod, better bearings and i bet they re-machine the crank for better dimension/clearance and do treatment to increase the strength as well....basically a full race engine rebuild...so far better than whacking stock factory engine...
Ahhh I see... So it has been run-in for about 200kms+/-... I realise the RPM will drop very significant.

My normal idle range is 1k RPM. It drops to about 500 or sometimes the engine just dies... Its really weird. Is it because of the compression?

Sidenote: Aircon doesn't work. When I switch on the aircon, it has a change in sound, but no cold air. It blows air only.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Ahhh I see... So it has been run-in for about 200kms+/-... I realise the RPM will drop very significant.

My normal idle range is 1k RPM. It drops to about 500 or sometimes the engine just dies... Its really weird. Is it because of the compression?

Sidenote: Aircon doesn't work. When I switch on the aircon, it has a change in sound, but no cold air. It blows air only.
not sure...quite hard to diagnose that online :listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If practice so far is anything to go by, the high tyre degradation being experienced at Sepang by the Formula one teams will turn this Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix into a highly tactical affair that will see the best strategy to conserve tyres bring about a victor.

The high track temperatures and abrasive surface of the Sepang International...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience