Radiostar for Proton Gen2 ??

vexus

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
cheras
Visit site
Have u guys installed radiostar alarm system on gen2 ?? Gen2 got captor and immobilizer. SO how? any difficulties installing radiostar on gen2 ?

Last edited:

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
vexus said:
Have u guys installed radiostar alarm system on gen2 ?? Gen2 got captor and immobilizer. SO how? any difficulties installing radiostar on gen2 ?
Can you confirm whether Gen2 has immo built in? From our understanding it is only Captor.

We have installed radiostar into Captor system before. Everything works BUT you'll have to carry 2 remotes

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
vexus said:

Yes we have...It does have a stock immo so if you want to use the remote start the stock immo will have to be disabled....for it to work with Captor it depends how your Captor is built into you car. If not mistaken its in built for the Gen 2.

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
have u guys install any at waja..my waja std OEm alarm sys.and how u guys do the wiring coz i'm too concern bout the way u install it...i duwan any tapping from my current wiring...did u guys do the new wiring or not???it might be dangerouse if u guys tapping from current wire...i did seen most installer did that...hope u guys do a new and nice wiring.

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi aurie,

Yes we have installed Wajas before.

Interesting point you made there about not tapping into current wiring? Are you referring to the car's electronics wiring system or alarm relays???

Alarm relays are different. Therefore, if there's and standard alarm in the car we will utilize the relay wiring. This actually makes it easier and safer. Reason is because we don't have to pull relays wires to all doors again. Which also means less dismantling to do. Our authorized installer is very knowledgeable. As you can see from our Comments from Customer page he managed to solve a lot of problems our customers are facing eventhough its not alarm related at times.

If you still have concern please feel free to contact us. We can arrange a meeting with our installer at his workshop and he'll take you through the process of installation.

Cheers :)

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
ok...will be interested if like that.anyway,i got ur guys HP no since u did a demo to our club member last friday nite.anyway,will contact u later...maby will come and see ur installer to see their job.thanks...

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
I just installed the Radiostar into my new Waja two weeks ago... the installation was neat, as usual (Ah Meng does a good job). They didn't even need the instruction manual even though i took the alarm out from my old wira :)

btw, NoName... u back to malaysia yet? can u leave a few Radiostar stickers at AhMeng's shop so i can put them in my new car? And also leave a King Dragon remote there (the black colour one).. RM80, right?

Thanks.

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi bro,

You didn't get the stickers when Ah Meng installed into your car. There are usually two in the box. Let me know when you want to go and I can leave the stickers for you.

As for the remote sorry I can't reply on behalf of NoName as I'm not sure what you discussed with him.

Thanks

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi DLegend,

:eek: now already upgrade to Waja ar???? Happy for you man!

Stickers not a problem. :) We'll leave some with Meng. Yes the remote is RM80 but at the moment we don't have stock. Can you tell me when you intend to get it so that I can order from the supplier?

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
I'll be dropping by at Ah Meng's quite frequently as he's doing my ICE for me... you can order for me.

When can i collect the remote? next week? Thanks.

Jay Jay.

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
DLegend said:
I'll be dropping by at Ah Meng's quite frequently as he's doing my ICE for me... you can order for me.

When can i collect the remote? next week? Thanks.

Jay Jay.
Bro i have left a remote for you at Meng's place. Hope you can go pick it up soon and pass him the money.

Thanks

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Thanks integramania, will get it next week.

Btw, did u leave some stickers there as well?

Thanks.

vexus

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
cheras
Visit site
is there a 3 way alarm system ?

Since that u already installed on few Gen2. How much can a gen2 existing alarm system entitle for a rebate?

It's possible to add trunk release function ?

about the immobiliser, i think the remote start should be disable for better security. Is it possible to do that ?

i ask captor about the alarm system. They say that captor and gen2 alarm system link together.

The seat and dashboard need to be remove ?

Where can i do the installation? Any shop ?

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Please find my ansers in blue. Thanks

vexus said:
is there a 3 way alarm system ?
Not that I'm aware of.

Since that u already installed on few Gen2. How much can a gen2 existing alarm system entitle for a rebate?
Sorry, we do not have rebate promotion now.

It's possible to add trunk release function ?
yes, the installation cost of RM150 is inclusive of actuator for trunk release.

about the immobiliser, i think the remote start should be disable for better security. Is it possible to do that ?
Yes, it can be disabled.

The seat and dashboard need to be remove ?
No, we do not have to remove the dashboard.

Where can i do the installation? Any shop ?
Our authorised installer is located at PJ Old Town. Please contact us at 012 508 0281

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here are some leaked photos of the BMW M5 Concept that will take center stage at the Shanghai Motor Show later this month. Of course by using the ‘concept’ theme in the naming, it’s merely BMW’s way of saying that this is exactly what the production car will look like but probably minus the black wheels. It also means that the official details such as power and performance figures will follow later...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience