Radiator help!!

eViL-e

Oct 11, 2004
i drive Satria 1.6 GLi 97'...when it stop in idle mode...tempreture will rise to the red line.it not happen when i drive it.it is radiator problem?how much radiator?anyone know good machenic at alor setar?NEED HELP HERE....:cry_smile:

brother

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Apr 29, 2005
cheras,kl
may be the themostart dam oledi......just change it i thing will be ok..

eViL-e

Oct 11, 2004
i think my radiator got problems...i already change it past 2year because accident.i change it to secondhand 1...my water always empty when i check it.How much new radiator coz?

Highlander

Known Member
Jul 15, 2006
as far as i know, radiator simply wont spoilt by itself other than a leakage or serious damage to the unit.. maybe caused by small stone.. there are plenty of shops doing radiator servicing.. if ur water always empty... how long does it takes to get empty.. if ur water pump gone than a little bit hassle la.. (Correct me if i am wrong.. just want to help...)

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
The last i check radiator for iswara at my place cost RM 160.00.pasang diy only very easy

crazykid

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
somewhere on earth
Visit site
1.check your water pump, if you`ve never change your water pump.for goodness sake change it, you would be happy to see that the water pump is rusted and harder to spin compared to the new water pump.
2.change the radiator pipe if you need too.if the pipe is brittle change it ASAP for a good piece of mind.
3.service your radiator la bro...its not that expensive,But if you think that a new radiator is much more worth buying then yeah its your decision anyway.
4.i do agree with "craziqbal" it could be your fan that is defective
5.do check your radiator cap, just in case the rubber is weared off

sache

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
crazykid said:
1.check your water pump, if you`ve never change your water pump.for goodness sake change it, you would be happy to see that the water pump is rusted and harder to spin compared to the new water pump.
2.change the radiator pipe if you need too.if the pipe is brittle change it ASAP for a good piece of mind.
3.service your radiator la bro...its not that expensive,But if you think that a new radiator is much more worth buying then yeah its your decision anyway.
4.i do agree with "craziqbal" it could be your fan that is defective
5.do check your radiator cap, just in case the rubber is weared off
Yeah, try crazykid opinion/recommendations, it will helps. Coz sometimes when you dont service or replace the water in the radiator, the water pump got stain and it cant move or move slowly which not help reduce the temp.
You also should start using coolant which help reduce time of getting stain for the water pump and the part of the radiator. Please make sure you monitor the process of replacement and cleaning your radiator in case they "will cheat" on you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is probably the pinnacle of stone heartedness, the very reason why mankind has been deemed evil and self centered. Its people like Tomas Delgado who condemn nice people like you and I to the very depths of wickedness. Why I say that? Well if he was to knock over someone dear to me and turn around and sue me for damages, I wouldn’t just hire an assassin, I would carve him up real nice myself...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience