Proton X70

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Looks very promising. Especially the GKUI.
But the latest Geely Boyue facelift looks way nicer than the X70.

Man, considering 10 years back I was laughing at the crap cars from China, now we are looking at the X70 and going, wow.

Reactions: Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Looks very promising. Especially the GKUI.
But the latest Geely Boyue facelift looks way nicer than the X70.

Man, considering 10 years back I was laughing at the crap cars from China, now we are looking at the X70 and going, wow.
Saw 1 in Melaka yesterday, the dark brown rusty colour. It command 'presence' on the road...really stood out.

I was the same like u, laughing China cars. The Cherry Eastar and GWM M4 change my perception..i dont mind owning china cars now.

They are like the Korean last time...Like the Kia, laughing stock until the Forte comes and beat the crap of everyone else while still offering at that time Korean pricing.

I show the video by Bobby Ang driving the X70 and using the voice command to my sis and she asked me how much i am willing to pay for her Suprima..even her HRV is spartan compared to the X70.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The base model is a better buy than the Honda HR-V, hands down. And the HR-V is really a good package, this X70 just blows it out of the water.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have a Chery 8 years now, car is not bad, only plastic too hard and some rubber harden and crack.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I will wait to see if nepotism still lingers in Proton or will Chinese bad habits take over and skimp on quality over quantity or will these Protons actually be good.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I will wait to see if nepotism still lingers in Proton or will Chinese bad habits take over and skimp on quality over quantity or will these Protons actually be good.
Actually the Chinese won't skimp on quality over quantity. The way Chinese works is very simple.

If its a cheap product, you get cheap quality.
If its an average priced product, you get good to average quality -- because of competition
If its a luxury product you get a gold plated bling bling rich man look with good quality.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If its a cheap product, you get cheap quality.
If its an average priced product, you get good to average quality -- because of competition
If its a luxury product you get a gold plated bling bling rich man look with good quality.
Which category is this product then?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Which category is this product then?
Average. China got some really cheap cars and i'm too lazy to look them up. Geely is not cheap.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just got back from Bachang showroom to see the car.

This thing is put together superbly well. The interior, exterior...everything is well assembled. The feel of everything does not show its origin which is China. Everything is German-like.

The aircond vent slider slides with a premium feel, the switches..all the switches felt like it comes off a German vehicle. Even the doors open and closes like a German car.

Just when i tot they cut corners at the door card top portion by using hard plastic, the car slap me in the face...its soft material.

To me the one to get is the premium 2wd version.
My own choice will be 2wd premium version minus the sunroof.Proton should come out with this version.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

This thing is put together superbly well. The interior, exterior...everything is well assembled. The feel of everything does not show its origin which is China. Everything is German-like.

The aircond vent slider slides with a premium feel, the switches..all the switches felt like it comes off a German vehicle. Even the doors open and closes like a German car.

Just when i tot they cut corners at the door card top portion by using hard plastic, the car slap me in the face...its soft material.

My own choice will be 2wd premium version minus the sunroof.Proton should come out with this version.
Now all CBU, wonder later how are the CKD versions?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Now all CBU, wonder later how are the CKD versions?
Hopefully its the same as they are no longer 'Proton' buy Geely.

I did ask the sale guy and he mentioned price could be the same as CBU. Could be some truth behind it as now price for Sabah n Sarawak is the same.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

My choice will be the cheapest model. Cause you get a lot of car for the price. For the same price, compared with HR-V, the X70 is a win. At the premium 2WD pricing, you have other choices already. Like the Mazda CX-5. Of course you get more kit and features with the X70, but a Mazda is a Mazda is a zoom-zoom.

Hopefully its the same as they are no longer 'Proton' buy Geely.

I did ask the sale guy and he mentioned price could be the same as CBU. Could be some truth behind it as now price for Sabah n Sarawak is the same.
Then it's a con job. CKD drastically reduce the taxation on the car, by right price should come down. Even German marques, when CKD the price goes down. Throw in EEV it goes down further.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi members, just an inquiry.....maybe got discussed before but cannot find the thread........

ok i want to change my engine for more power....my current ride using 4G15 injection on wira 2004 dec model...mileage reach 117,000++.....engine still good condition no oil consumption/problems.........

iam seriously thinking of converting to 1.8gsr turbo but some opinions by friends are stopping me, they say since i clock high mileage and the car will be my daily workhorse its going to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience