ProTon SerViCe SUCk!~

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Yo!! i wanna share wit u all sumthing... i'm jus a noob car driver... today my car air con was coming out hot air... so i when to check it in proton servic centre cos under warranty... they took 2 hour n check say de aircon temp switch spoil liao... then they say no stock need order.. so ask me come back next week.. so i go back.. i felt my car no more power add all ... then i back home i still not satisfy cos air con not working.. cos tomolo hav a date wit my gf.. then i check de switch myself n see nth wrong wit it.. check engine bay.. n saw de radiator water habis minum by my engine.. so i put water.. then de air con cold back.. then for a moment it go hot back.. so i thoguh really de switch spoill... check then 30min later.. de radiator water minum again habis.. then tis time i make sure put enough water n start engine n let it run then see de water lvl... it stable.. then de aircon back to normal.. then i add coolant .... all back to normal... fuk.... proton servis centre use my RM8 petrol cos they keep press acc to test it.. mahai... waste my petrol!!!!! i noob also can solve de problem.... how they b mechanic one..

am i missing something here?

how come your aircond is affected by your radiator? i didn't know they are related to each other.. and you might want to check whether your radiator is leaking or not..

i'm also a noob in this and do not know the problem u face and how to rectify it.. but i do know 1 thing for sure is PROTON SERVICE SUCKS TO THE MAX. I HATE ALL OF U FOR GIVING ME SUCH A LOUSY CONDITIONED CAR.
hahahah ok, there, released the anger in me. ;)

Last edited:
I think got related lah....cause last time my atos also like that not the air cond not cool.

Our air cond got cold air and hot air rite ? the heat is taken from radiator coolant to make it hot by passing the coolant in a evaporator thing....last time my friend main main with the temp control....suddenly push to col and push to hot and push back to cold and hot again...
Then after 1 week check radiator water habis already...so add loh but after 2 days habis again...went to a radiator service cente....they check and confirm coolant leaking inside the car from the evaporator thing that use to create the hot air...

took it to Hyundai SC at Glenmarie...they took the hose and by passed the leaking evaporator and thing back to normal already but the hot air function no more liao...air cond now becomes much cooler...

who said aircond and radiator not related to each others ?

When your raditator water finished your engine temp will start raising....the increase of temp will start making your aircond not getting cold anymore....worst case will blow up your engine ! No joke.

Just wondering when you said the aircond blow hot air time did you check or notice your temp gauge is raising ??

To me First don't lah always complaint this workshop and that workshop not good...sendiri MUST know some basic from time to time driving the car....at least read the gauge.

So nexttime if your aircond not cool anymore, FIRST STOP the car somewhere safe (e.g Petrol station), then check whether the SPARE TANK is empty or not. IF YES mean your engine is overheated or radiator is leaking (whichever)....top up it....wait for 10 mins or more then use a cloth (dry or wet) SLOWLY open up the radiator cap (be very careful of the cap pressure....top up the water....re-start the car and check everything again....

wo!!! my radiator no leaking la.. new car la.. aiyo.. i saw no leaking water mark la... but i push to 1st gear to drift.. i think i rev high in 1st gear when drift then it draain my water la.. i jus fill in wit de new coolant for my radiator n de tank... then everything work fine... till jsu now i go drift then de water tank drink about 2 cm water again... i think i can't rev if not it drain my water.. aiyo...

aiyo.. i noob also know radiator n de air con sure related la.. aiyo... if not how u got de cold air from... in de radiator got two fan.. one is engine fan other is air con fan.... i noob also know.. last time i got de air con prob also.. then de proton say de gas not enough.. i fuk them i say tis new car not enough gas... then i go home n check myself.. then i found out de engine big fan not running.. de plug is nit pluged in...

aiya!!! tiu my car still drain my water tank.. i think my radiator leak... i dunno izzit kena small stone n leak liao.. but i din get any water mark..

High rev? i think engine too hot already kua? but also won't finish the water...last time i also play like that, one tank of water from beginning until now..never change or finish before..

then mean my radiator leak lo.. mahai lo.. if leak tiu 7 lo... new car leak ah.. mahai..... but i din get any water stain also...

i'm not sure but you can try to check your radiator cap too..

last time i drove up genting, radiator end up smoking.. due to heat.. then found out the radiator emptied O.O filled it back up and travelled around.. no problems at all..

so 2nd time went up genting.. same thing happened again.. so sent for a mechanic to take it for check up.. and it's due to the radiator cap..

so i guess the heat allowed the hot water to evaporate through the leaking cap.

well, since you mentioned u didn't see your radiator leaking water..
PS: not all cars have 2 fans ;)

i jus got my car 6mths...i gave up on protons service edi...i can get fully synthetic for the same price...RM150 plus i dun have to wait 3-4 hrs for my car to roll out...30-45mins can edi,sumore u can see the fella do...proton service dun allow u the be at the service area and dont know wats goin on...problem is that my dad wants a clean record on proton services....aih...i really dun want..i dun care..its just a proton...if toyota or honda can understand larr...lolzz

yyap2 said:
then mean my radiator leak lo.. mahai lo.. if leak tiu 7 lo... new car leak ah.. mahai..... but i din get any water stain also...

I think u should check the interior also. Below ur dashboard see got wet or not ur carpet...

Pocket Rocket,
Dude .... better send back ur car to proton... i know their service sucks badly.. what my friend does is he buy's his own oil and stuff.. just pay them to service.. now why must u send 2 proton.. check ur warranty.. i think it says u must send back to them if not they will void ur warranty.. now thats something u dun want to lose... no matter how cheap the parts are....!!

cheap parts..??
i've got extended warranty up to 4yrs....b4 my 1st service at 1000km rite,the mileage counter stop functioning at 837km...after 5.5mths oni they got stock...OMFG...anyway,i change quite alotta stuff on my car...i jus din play performance...

Void ur wararnty edi not so nicelar.. lets say gearbox problem.. they can say u didn't let them service and void the warranty.. my friend's jazz.. change from the same size rims 2 another honda rims... same size.. no diff... just buy from outside.. honda void his warranty for some trye deffect...

hmmm... there's a question tat im quite confusing also...

Q: How much does it cost for changing timing belt? including 2... forgot wat thing liao... just normal timing belt changing only.

a mechanic from the authorised proton service center told me it needed RM600++, then i was thinking... FXXX, where got so much, those outside mechanic got say RM400 or +-, but how come thos Proton guy told me RM600++??? walao eee... this kinda price can simply hantam saja a??

guys, how much will it cost for timing belt changing for wira?

I am 1 of the proton car owner also, the protons service really "SUCKS" and some more no price list can refer, everything simply put or not put and later charge you.