Proton Putra - OEM parts

Jan 31, 2014
Hi guys. First time posting here even though I had registered since 2014 (I can't even remember that I had registered already lol)

Anyway, earlier this year I bought a 1997 Proton Putra. Originally the car was an auto transmission but the previous owner had converted it into manual transmission. The car was almost in stock condition except for some parts such as

1. Rims
2. Gearbox (using F5M221 code). I believe it is the same gearbox used by Proton Wira 2.0 Diesel
3. Front hood (Ah Beng looking Evo 6 hood or something)
4. Custom Clutch Plate & Flywheel
5. Non-Ori Momo Daytona steering
6. Normal looking gearknob
7. Adjustable suspension
8. Custom front skirt
9. Android head unit with customized head unit dashboard panel

My intention is to re-convert the car into stock condition. So far I have manage to re-convert it:

1. 14 inch rims by AAC (missing 1 wheel cap though)
2. Putra's original 1.8 gearbox (F5M222VRXE)
3. Standard front hood (taken from Wira)
4. EXEDY Daikin Japan 1.8 clutch and flywheels 4G93
5. Original Momo Daytona 4 steering
6. Momo Anatomico gearknob (new ver.)
7. Absorber and spring - KYB and APM

Next project is to change the fuel meter (still having an auto meter), C99 front lip, and head unit dashboard panel (carbon fiber printed design).

Just wondering if anyone know what was the:

1. Stock absorber and spring that Putra came with from factory? Was it KYB absorbers and APM springs?
2. How about clutch plate? Was it EXEDY brand?
3. Which model of Wira or Satria using the same design (carbon fiber) dashboard like Putra?
4. Does Putra originally came with rear skirt as well? Saw some Putra have this rear skirt

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys. First time posting here even though I had registered since 2014 (I can't even remember that I had registered already lol)

Anyway, earlier this year I bought a 1997 Proton Putra. Originally the car was an auto transmission but the previous owner had converted it into manual transmission. The car was almost in stock condition except for some parts such as

1. Rims
2. Gearbox (using F5M221 code). I believe it is the same gearbox used by Proton Wira 2.0 Diesel
3. Front hood (Ah Beng looking Evo 6 hood or something)
4. Custom Clutch Plate & Flywheel
5. Non-Ori Momo Daytona steering
6. Normal looking gearknob
7. Adjustable suspension
8. Custom front skirt
9. Android head unit with customized head unit dashboard panel

My intention is to re-convert the car into stock condition. So far I have manage to re-convert it:

1. 14 inch rims by AAC (missing 1 wheel cap though)
2. Putra's original 1.8 gearbox (F5M222VRXE)
3. Standard front hood (taken from Wira)
4. EXEDY Daikin Japan 1.8 clutch and flywheels 4G93
5. Original Momo Daytona 4 steering
6. Momo Anatomico gearknob (new ver.)
7. Absorber and spring - KYB and APM

Next project is to change the fuel meter (still having an auto meter), C99 front lip, and head unit dashboard panel (carbon fiber printed design).

Just wondering if anyone know what was the:

1. Stock absorber and spring that Putra came with from factory? Was it KYB absorbers and APM springs?
2. How about clutch plate? Was it EXEDY brand?
3. Which model of Wira or Satria using the same design (carbon fiber) dashboard like Putra?
4. Does Putra originally came with rear skirt as well? Saw some Putra have this rear skirt
you can get the gearknob from this seller. MOMO GEARKNOB - ANATOMICO SHORT
none of the dashboard has the fiber design like Putra. The closest might be Wira Aeroback SE.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey ppl.....

was just wondering....the new proton saga claim 83 hp on engine but i am sure its less on wheels.... my question is that can we convert the SOHC to DOHC? issit as simple as ading another cam..... ? or can we change it into high cams? how much does it cost to convert?

i also want to know the expected results...like 83hp to xxx HP...? can it be done? thanks u sifu and other brothers..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience