Proton Putra engine

ruifayz

Feb 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Does anybody know what causes the Putra "check engine" light to appear randomly?

A month ago, while driving the check engine light came out and suddenly the car stopped and stalled. Sent to the workshop and the pomen changed to a recon plug coil that was faulty. Still this problem persist.

Pomen said it could be other sensors that causes this "check engine" light to appear, which is fine by me...but when he connect the OBD to scan thru the car ECU, it cant detect the ECU.

Has anyone encountered this problems?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
while driving the check engine light came out and suddenly the car stopped and stalled
this showed the fuel pump to me, how long ago since u had it checked sir?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
your putra use siemens vdo ecu?

if the obd can't detect ecu maybe u need some serious wiring check first...

ruifayz

Feb 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing your opinion which is very helpful. Im wondering, if the ECU wasn't reprogrammed after a service or problems rectified, would the ECU "memorized" the previous faulty issues?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing your opinion which is very helpful. Im wondering, if the ECU wasn't reprogrammed after a service or problems rectified, would the ECU "memorized" the previous faulty issues?

if the ecu not yet reset to default the answer is yes....the ecu would remember it have a fault yet to be taken care.....

sometimes the technician would erase the fault code first...and rectify the source of problem later... (*not recommended)

ruifayz

Feb 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sometimes the technician would erase the fault code first...and rectify the source of problem later... (*not recommended)

hi pomenGTR,

why dont u recommend doing this? wouldn't that reassure the problem??

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Bro.. MAP SENSOR..

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Sorry maybe la.. Mine car also same thing happen.. My is 4G92 Mivec... MAP SENSOR kong... Engine light.. Light on car mati in traffic or almost mati if not press the pedal... Try tq...

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
I had my ECU replaced. I'm running a 4G91 engine. "Check Engine" light came on, tried all the sensors, injectors serviced (according the to onboard diagnosis thingy). Mechanic open up my ECU, part of it was corroded.. Source a manual 91 ECU, solved the problem.. Btw,was using an auto ECU before this, but had the gearbox replaced a few months before..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VEILSIDE for 350Z Community

Hi everyone,

We are glad to inform all of you that we are in the midst of bringing Veilside into Malaysia in the next couple of months. We are planning to have our Veilside soft launch products once we enter the Malaysian market.

As you all know that Veilside is the leading exclusive automotive product especially in body parts for aerodynamic and aesthetic enhancement of the vehicle.Veilside products have been featured in movies such as The Fast and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience