Proton Exora Spotted In China!

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
Photographers in China has spotted an Exora prototype running around in northern China. It might indicate that the proton-youngman partnership might also include this MPV in the future. This will mean that the production volumes of the Exora will be big to give the economies of scale, meaning more affordable cars for the consumer. It will add another destination for the export of the Exora, other than the Europe, Iran and the rumoured Mitsubushi rebadging of the Exora.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
if working with youngman - proton, i guess not possible for time being due to some matters not solved there.

i believe proton team are testing the car there, for diff climate testing...etc
preparing for the upcoming launch in april 09

Mar 21, 2008
as long as it makes profits, why not ? Proton is famous for unripen quality made cars, so it is just slightly better than Chinese cars, and the main point it selling Exora like pancakes n make money.

smart asses, but I will never buy any crap proton. making profit, making a name overseas but make shit cars for local residence. typical M company :banghead:

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
proud to be malaysian but malaysian cars especially for local market...u all think it

Janson911

Known Member
Feb 1, 2008
Izzit dis potong exora is 1.6Liter Campro CPS?
Car design juz same like Mitsu Grandis leh...
Haiz...malaysia always do copy cat de....

brianchoon

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
sbn
proton sure will try china market...but i think is hard to hit china car market,last weekend i see a china car road show at Giant Senawang Seremban,china car name CHANA MPV only sell 40k....GOOD LUCK PROTON!!:wavey:

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
plain chery QQ can be bought at about rm$10k in china, china has roughly 200 automotive plants to produce nearly 6 million units of vehicles annually....they have the economy of scale to brought down the production cost...quality wise...it depends on the individual chinese brands, some are fine and some are sucks,....

Mar 21, 2008
yeah, becoz is a PLOTONG :thefinger:

Even tho IF proton DO improve their quality, I believe alot smart arses malaysian will NOT support proton anymore, for all the shit shoeboxes quality proton sold to us in the past 25yrs, u expect us to support proton (or should i say the gahmen's automotive business) again ?

So some smarter arses in proton offices.....forseen proton's future luck, not surprised that they open market in China. (Coz alot chinese still riding bicycle, to them, a shoebox quality cars means PARADISE)

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hope you guys be positive and if proton fails mean you guys fail too, as u guys are living in this country, pls be supportive. if you are not buying it, don condemn it, since some of u are loaded....kindly proceed with higher end cars and enjoy the ride....ethically wise.....do not condemn,

fyi, total booking for Exora touches 9000 plus units and warranty given is 5years with 175,000km. So far delivered about 1500 units and no complaint whatsoever...i believe Proton had improved, anyway no obligation for all to buy it....at least appreciate the car maker for catering for MPV segment with an affordable price......

by the way, have u guys seen the china mpv? do you guys know that its smaller than avanza, and do you guys know that the owner came to proton showroom and wanna trade in his car but not even a used car dealer bother to entertain......

have anyone of u consider re-sale value of a car.....i am sure u guys will be changing cars every now and then....so i leave it to you guys to digest....i;ve said enough and i am not provoking or flaming anyone....plz mellow down ...cheerz

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since my gearbox is already knocked out :vollkommenauf:, i might as well just make it to lsd. Anyone knows/recommend where to do it? (KL Area)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience