Proton 4g13 Power Steering Weird Sound During Turning

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
Anyone can help?

Power Steering with low weird sound during turning!!!

Can it be service?.... By changing the Power Steering Fuel? can solve & stop the weird sound!

Pls give suggestion or advise?

Thanks.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
what is the weird some coming from ? How's the sound like ??

majavaz

Feb 19, 2008
check your power steering hose, maybe there are some leaking.. for the moment try check and if necessary add power steering liquid first..

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
The sound appear during turning. Can easily hear the sound clearly when car stop & just turning the steering.

Bump:
check your power steering hose, maybe there are some leaking.. for the moment try check and if necessary add power steering liquid first..
Okie fren..

I check first... Thank a lot.

realplayer

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
hye viostar...izit that sound like "bergesel"??...my car's steering sound like that..huhuh..still wonder why...:rolleyes:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
hye viostar...izit that sound like "bergesel"??...my car's steering sound like that..huhuh..still wonder why...:rolleyes:
I think sound like what u said! but only during turning time.

How huh? how to solve? or the power steering soon wanna "Kong" ka?

Any advise ne?

realplayer

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
I think sound like what u said! but only during turning time.

How huh? how to solve? or the power steering soon wanna "Kong" ka?

Any advise ne?
yeah..same like me...the sound come out when turning.....still donno how to solve this problem..my car (wira) allready 9 years old, i think that a normal case..hehehe..and one more thing, the steering quite heavy

i allready check the power steering fluid, and it's at normal level....it's still mystery bro...
any sifu's...please healp us..:biggrin:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Does it happen when you turn almost full lock? aka U-turns?, I use to have a knocking sound..mechanic said its was my drive-shaft, however it cured itself several days later.

realplayer

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
Does it happen when you turn almost full lock? aka U-turns?, I use to have a knocking sound..mechanic said its was my drive-shaft, however it cured itself several days later.
wah excel....cured itself??:biggrin:...what a nice car..hehehe..in my case,even i turn just a bit,it come that sound...as i know, if drive shaft problem, it sound "ktak-ktak" when make a U turn, right??..:confused:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
wah excel....cured itself??:biggrin:...what a nice car..hehehe..in my case,even i turn just a bit,it come that sound...as i know, if drive shaft problem, it sound "ktak-ktak" when make a U turn, right??..:confused:
ya...ya... even little turn also sound but not loud.
drive shaft ..... once spoiled than must change liao.

Your steering heavy ka?? what size of tyre u using now??
Or you try to service the power steering fluid first... take out the old fluid replace with new fluid first might help na!!!!

Aiyo... how to solve the sound ne!!!!! my car same as your yr99 almost 10yrs liao.

realplayer

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
maybe 9 years car will come this problem...hehhe..i'm using 14" inch rim only...but the steering abit heavier then other wira (i have try before..). ..when highspeed, best woooo...when side parking, like auntie..:rofl:...acctually my car have a idling problem( TB kong!!), when the RPM just 800-900..the sound came out, but when i set the RPM around 1000++,...the sound gone....my car is green colour, and i call it "the mystery green machine"..:listen:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
maybe 9 years car will come this problem...hehhe..i'm using 14" inch rim only...but the steering abit heavier then other wira (i have try before..). ..when highspeed, best woooo...when side parking, like auntie..:rofl:...acctually my car have a idling problem( TB kong!!), when the RPM just 800-900..the sound came out, but when i set the RPM around 1000++,...the sound gone....my car is green colour, and i call it "the mystery green machine"..:listen:
Hey do you install grouding & voltage stabilizer on your car? It might help & get the car more stable.
Have you do any modification on your car yet? If yes, might to share what did you mod?:driver:

realplayer

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
i not yet install the VS......acctually i install a piece of "toyota" thing..i donno what to call but my mechanic say it a "vacum controller"..but in not that FICD..it can set the amount of air...you know la.,when TB kong,on the AC,the RPM will drop...after this modification, abit better la...for the RPM,not really consistant,sometime ok(1000RPM)..sometime lower then 800RPM...when lower then 800RPM,the sound came out...for now,the sound gone for a while..hehehe:listen:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
i not yet install the VS......acctually i install a piece of "toyota" thing..i donno what to call but my mechanic say it a "vacum controller"..but in not that FICD..it can set the amount of air...you know la.,when TB kong,on the AC,the RPM will drop...after this modification, abit better la...for the RPM,not really consistant,sometime ok(1000RPM)..sometime lower then 800RPM...when lower then 800RPM,the sound came out...for now,the sound gone for a while..hehehe:listen:
Hey friend,

How much you got the "vacum controller" installed?
Yup, I read from forum some of the ZTH member did installed it. Some will good feedback some are not! So I am thinking to get one as well.
The said go for "FICD" Fast Idle Control Device.... But are your's is the FICD??????
For this few days, the weird sound gone... I might need to see further it might come back neh.
I replaced the ori plug cable with "Pro Ralley High Performance Plug Cable" added with Bosch Super4 spark plug..... Can feel that the car gainning some power compared to previous with ori spark plug & plug cable.

Might wanna to try out the Pivot Voltage Stabilizer with grounding as well.
Any advise or suggestion?:driver:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
Hey guys,....

Some said modify it with the Denso FICD can solve the problem... is it true?
Anyone of you guys out there tested? Condition how? ok ka?
Once installed FICD, it bring any side effect on our car not?
Advise or suggestion pls!!
:itsme:
Thank you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I am planning to apply a thin carpet in my door cut pocket.

Initially I was thinking to use double sided tape but after checking the material of the carpet is cotton, I am having the idea to apply glue.

Now, my question is, where can I get odorless glue which suitable for such application.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience