Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
tps retard should be turn left (CCW)...

unker when wanna bring me go flash??...
i think retard is anticlockwise..because when i go clockwise to the maximum the throttle body butterfly valve also start to open..no need to piggy2back.. :)

Bump:
if tps retard, distributor advance or retard??
when i turn tps retard, car is just like jerking most of the time, an increase in torque i think, so i retard the distributor..because when distributor retard, it brings down the torque..

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i think retard is anticlockwise..because when i go clockwise to the maximum the throttle body butterfly valve also start to open..no need to piggy2back.. :)

Bump:

when i turn tps retard, car is just like jerking most of the time, an increase in torque i think, so i retard the distributor..because when distributor retard, it brings down the torque..
yea... anticlockwise same as counter clockwise (CCW)....

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
Need advice

Hi guys,

I'm newbie here...Need an advices from otai-otai here...which cam is better powerzone, maddspeed, piper or other brands?...which flywheel suitable for 4G13/4G15, flywheel 8", flywheel 8.5" or other sizes?..If i want to skim the flywheel, how much weight should i remove?...:hmmmm:

Bump: Hi guys,

I'm newbie here...Need an advices from otai-otai here...which cam is better powerzone, maddspeed, piper or other brands?...which flywheel suitable for 4G13/4G15, flywheel 8", flywheel 8.5" or other sizes?..If i want to skim the flywheel, how much weight should i remove?...:hmmmm:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
for me if u on 4g13p just get semi racing clutch 1,5 CC kit can d. if u on 1,5 den upgrade 1.6 CC with the super touring flywheel

Bump: for me if u on 4g13p just get semi racing clutch 1,5 CC kit can d. if u on 1,5 den upgrade 1.6 CC with the super touring flywheel

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
how much is ur budget for the cam?

if 1k++ then go for matspeed/powerzone, if lesser than 1k, pipercam....ive used pipercam, power increase is linear, pulls more to redline compared to stock but feeling is a bit flat....now using matspeed cam, more of a kick from mid to top end, powerzone, donno hehe never used

Bump: how much is ur budget for the cam?

if 1k++ then go for matspeed/powerzone, if lesser than 1k, pipercam....ive used pipercam, power increase is linear, pulls more to redline compared to stock but feeling is a bit flat....now using matspeed cam, more of a kick from mid to top end, powerzone, donno hehe never used

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
i've been planning to install a hi-cam as well..but some people say when install hi-cam, low rpm range will sucks..my cam now is standard, and the power kicks in somewhere at 2500rpm..if i install hi-cam will the power kicks in later, let's say 3500rpm? and if i install hi-cam, will i need to step harder on the accelerator in order to reach the 'power kicks in' rpm range or just step like i usually do but the engine will rev itself to the 'power kicks in' rpm range? need to clarify this..i don't want my car to be a stressful ride when driving in the city..it is where i dwell most of my motoring life..

Last edited:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
it depends on how u tune the cam timing.

a long duration cam (or what u ppl refer as high cam) widens the powerband and we use the adjustable cam gear to shift the power band for better driveability.

yes.. the low end torque will suffer a bit.. especially u will feel your car a bit slower to move from stationery.. especially on a slope. If u get the cam timing right.. it wont affect daily driving much.

labulabi

Known Member
Feb 12, 2009
matspeed..yummy yummy. kan tofu

afmarshall, when u say hi-cam, how hi? if 275 deg below(i still consider this as a mild cam), then dont need to worry about idling and driveability for normal road use. Hi-cam (292,304, etc) will produce hectic idling, no a/c etc = not really suitable for street use anymore. but what u'll get in return is a leap in hp and power at hi rev but sucks big time in lower rpm.

when will the power kicks in, well, that's when the ACP and a good tuner comes into play.:burnout:

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
yeah, guan yesterday I went and change my engine mounting, remember I said when I go through uneven roads, there is this sound like mouse in front(chik, chik, chik) it dissapeared for awhile, like one whole day.

today i drove my car, the sound came back?any ideas?not the suspension I quite sure about it...

haiz, super sien with the sound...

Bump: yeah, guan yesterday I went and change my engine mounting, remember I said when I go through uneven roads, there is this sound like mouse in front(chik, chik, chik) it dissapeared for awhile, like one whole day.

today i drove my car, the sound came back?any ideas?not the suspension I quite sure about it...

Bump: yeah, guan yesterday I went and change my engine mounting, remember I said when I go through uneven roads, there is this sound like mouse in front(chik, chik, chik) it dissapeared for awhile, like one whole day.

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks guys for sharing the info..for the budget, use only for city driving.so i will choose to piper camshaft.its more cheap.but how about its durability?...need more info about skimming the flywheel..im using 4G13 vdo..thanks guys:driver::adore:

Bump: Thanks guys for sharing the info..for the budget, use only for city driving.so i will choose to piper camshaft.its more cheap.but how about its durability?...need more info about skimming the flywheel..im using 4G13 vdo..thanks guys:driver::adore:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
WAAAAHHH....I sensed hostility here :P
*gets ready sheild*

*waves white flag* SAMA GANG, PROTON JUGAK!!! :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any zth member can recommend any Workshop can tune camshaft with adj cam pulley ?
price ?
tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience