Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
tps retard should be turn left (CCW)...

unker when wanna bring me go flash??...
i think retard is anticlockwise..because when i go clockwise to the maximum the throttle body butterfly valve also start to open..no need to piggy2back.. :)

Bump:
if tps retard, distributor advance or retard??
when i turn tps retard, car is just like jerking most of the time, an increase in torque i think, so i retard the distributor..because when distributor retard, it brings down the torque..

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i think retard is anticlockwise..because when i go clockwise to the maximum the throttle body butterfly valve also start to open..no need to piggy2back.. :)

Bump:

when i turn tps retard, car is just like jerking most of the time, an increase in torque i think, so i retard the distributor..because when distributor retard, it brings down the torque..
yea... anticlockwise same as counter clockwise (CCW)....

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
Need advice

Hi guys,

I'm newbie here...Need an advices from otai-otai here...which cam is better powerzone, maddspeed, piper or other brands?...which flywheel suitable for 4G13/4G15, flywheel 8", flywheel 8.5" or other sizes?..If i want to skim the flywheel, how much weight should i remove?...:hmmmm:

Bump: Hi guys,

I'm newbie here...Need an advices from otai-otai here...which cam is better powerzone, maddspeed, piper or other brands?...which flywheel suitable for 4G13/4G15, flywheel 8", flywheel 8.5" or other sizes?..If i want to skim the flywheel, how much weight should i remove?...:hmmmm:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
for me if u on 4g13p just get semi racing clutch 1,5 CC kit can d. if u on 1,5 den upgrade 1.6 CC with the super touring flywheel

Bump: for me if u on 4g13p just get semi racing clutch 1,5 CC kit can d. if u on 1,5 den upgrade 1.6 CC with the super touring flywheel

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
how much is ur budget for the cam?

if 1k++ then go for matspeed/powerzone, if lesser than 1k, pipercam....ive used pipercam, power increase is linear, pulls more to redline compared to stock but feeling is a bit flat....now using matspeed cam, more of a kick from mid to top end, powerzone, donno hehe never used

Bump: how much is ur budget for the cam?

if 1k++ then go for matspeed/powerzone, if lesser than 1k, pipercam....ive used pipercam, power increase is linear, pulls more to redline compared to stock but feeling is a bit flat....now using matspeed cam, more of a kick from mid to top end, powerzone, donno hehe never used

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
i've been planning to install a hi-cam as well..but some people say when install hi-cam, low rpm range will sucks..my cam now is standard, and the power kicks in somewhere at 2500rpm..if i install hi-cam will the power kicks in later, let's say 3500rpm? and if i install hi-cam, will i need to step harder on the accelerator in order to reach the 'power kicks in' rpm range or just step like i usually do but the engine will rev itself to the 'power kicks in' rpm range? need to clarify this..i don't want my car to be a stressful ride when driving in the city..it is where i dwell most of my motoring life..

Last edited:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
it depends on how u tune the cam timing.

a long duration cam (or what u ppl refer as high cam) widens the powerband and we use the adjustable cam gear to shift the power band for better driveability.

yes.. the low end torque will suffer a bit.. especially u will feel your car a bit slower to move from stationery.. especially on a slope. If u get the cam timing right.. it wont affect daily driving much.

labulabi

Known Member
Feb 12, 2009
matspeed..yummy yummy. kan tofu

afmarshall, when u say hi-cam, how hi? if 275 deg below(i still consider this as a mild cam), then dont need to worry about idling and driveability for normal road use. Hi-cam (292,304, etc) will produce hectic idling, no a/c etc = not really suitable for street use anymore. but what u'll get in return is a leap in hp and power at hi rev but sucks big time in lower rpm.

when will the power kicks in, well, that's when the ACP and a good tuner comes into play.:burnout:

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
yeah, guan yesterday I went and change my engine mounting, remember I said when I go through uneven roads, there is this sound like mouse in front(chik, chik, chik) it dissapeared for awhile, like one whole day.

today i drove my car, the sound came back?any ideas?not the suspension I quite sure about it...

haiz, super sien with the sound...

Bump: yeah, guan yesterday I went and change my engine mounting, remember I said when I go through uneven roads, there is this sound like mouse in front(chik, chik, chik) it dissapeared for awhile, like one whole day.

today i drove my car, the sound came back?any ideas?not the suspension I quite sure about it...

Bump: yeah, guan yesterday I went and change my engine mounting, remember I said when I go through uneven roads, there is this sound like mouse in front(chik, chik, chik) it dissapeared for awhile, like one whole day.

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks guys for sharing the info..for the budget, use only for city driving.so i will choose to piper camshaft.its more cheap.but how about its durability?...need more info about skimming the flywheel..im using 4G13 vdo..thanks guys:driver::adore:

Bump: Thanks guys for sharing the info..for the budget, use only for city driving.so i will choose to piper camshaft.its more cheap.but how about its durability?...need more info about skimming the flywheel..im using 4G13 vdo..thanks guys:driver::adore:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
WAAAAHHH....I sensed hostility here :P
*gets ready sheild*

*waves white flag* SAMA GANG, PROTON JUGAK!!! :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’re more than sure that you’ve asked yourself a question like this at some point; how much does the “X” car cost in other countries? Well, we decided to try to answer that question for the “Z” car, aka the Nissan 350Z which is available in most countries. For time’s sake, we searched for the price of the entry-level (standard equipment differs in each country) Nissan 350Z in 23 markets all over the world converting prices...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience