Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
Haxdumm , Vdesign body kit? woot we are bro haha me too :p

6k mod i think u can get 150hp below ? for 4g13 but 15 im not sure mayb above 150hp

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
after 6k+++ get it go any further without BOT?
wan to know wat is the potential of 4g15 hehehe
YO, biz-da-tech,where do u live come let's yamcha lol

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
btw how u spray ur car? with v design got alot of variety of style.

140whp can tapau wat car?hehehe...
so wat if with bot? how far can it go?

oh ya, i wan to know where to get cheap breather? something like a small air filter?

Last edited:

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
i'm just letting you know the potential of this engine. whatever car it can tapau is solely on how you mod your engine.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Haxdumm , Vdesign body kit? woot we are bro haha me too :p

6k mod i think u can get 150hp below ? for 4g13 but 15 im not sure mayb above 150hp
6k?

150hp?

difficult dude, even for a 4g15

proper way to reach high hp for a 4g15 with sucky driveability (without going the efi route, which involves more $$$ such as for standalones etc. etc.):

1. twin weber DCOE 40s = RM 1500
2. 292 degree racing cam with cam gear = RM 1800 +\-
3. proper PnP head = RM 2000
4. ignition mods = RM 1500
5. balancing / blueprinting = RM 2000-3000?
6. hours of tuning / petrol = RM xxx
7. parts u need to change for the DCOE, such as chokes, main jets, air correctors, to make sure it matches the rest of the mods = RM xxx
8. full exhaust system = rm 700?
9. lighten flywheel / racing clutch = rm 700?
10. electric fuel pump = rm 100 to 300

altogether how much edi

if i had just 6k, and dont give a rat's @$$ about daily driveability as well, id do just the following:

1. twin weber DCOE 40s = rm 1500
2. 292 race cam with cam gear = rm 1800 +/-
3. proper exhaust system = rm700
4. fuel pump / ignition coil = rm 400 - 700
5. skim head to bump up compression a bit
6. lighten flywheel / race clutch = rm 700
7. tuning / labour / weber parts = rm 600 - 700

altogether = rm 5700 to 6200 (approx. only la :P)

i dont think a stroker kit with its strong low to mid nature will match a peaky powerband type race cam, so i will not include it inside this list for the moment, so low end will be crappy, since the concern now is high hp at high rpm

so u can count how much it will cost

4g13? much less potential unless u up the cc to 1468, which then the issue of durability will arise....

if u are talking about max hp for a daily driven vehicle, suitable for street/weekend drags, then it would be around 150hp, and needs way more than just 6 k

powerzones iswara maxed out at 147hp, for a daily driven vehicle

to reach max hp fastest with the least money, go carb; get twin webers, the best tuned twin carbs will closely match the best tuned 4-throttled efi setups....

as for reaching 140whp, really difficult, havent seen it being done yet, and for sure not a daily driveable car haha

Last edited:

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
hi, been away for a while..seems to be a lot of question regarding 4g13p rebore to fit 1.5 piston here..well i have done it to my car, so i can share some experience..from the information i got from some mechanics, they told me the block dimension, the head dimension (maybe the cams or rockers degree differs for 1.3 or 1.5 application) and the crankcase is the same..the block even come out from the same mould, but then rebore to 1.3 and 1.5 (71mm and 75.5mm) respectively..so material used and even the composition is the same..so, if the mechanics is right, i guess that explains why 1.5 block can replace 1.3 block without need to change the headers and crankcase..as for durability, i've driven my car, which is 1.3 rebore to 1.5 for 6-7 hours from kuantan to taiping at speed of 120km/h mostly and made short stop to pee only and it has proven to be problem and overheating free..the trip is 495km and i made it with one full tank with about a quarter gauge to spare..i also once full blast the engine from kuala lumpur to kuantan via lebuhraya pantai timur, maintaining 170km/h from karak to kuantan..also problem free..however engine oil nearly dry out, i guess it's because i'm using rm38.00 20W/50 multi vis pennzoil engine oil..

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
ooo~ 12.4k....lolx tats alot haven plus labour, handling, brakes...etc..
so tofu sifu, roughly with 12.4k whp would b how much?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
bro tofu, powerzone's iswara 147HP is on engine or wheels?
like sky sed, those horses are at engine figures

hi, been away for a while..seems to be a lot of question regarding 4g13p rebore to fit 1.5 piston here..well i have done it to my car, so i can share some experience..from the information i got from some mechanics, they told me the block dimension, the head dimension (maybe the cams or rockers degree differs for 1.3 or 1.5 application) and the crankcase is the same..the block even come out from the same mould, but then rebore to 1.3 and 1.5 (71mm and 75.5mm) respectively..so material used and even the composition is the same..so, if the mechanics is right, i guess that explains why 1.5 block can replace 1.3 block without need to change the headers and crankcase..as for durability, i've driven my car, which is 1.3 rebore to 1.5 for 6-7 hours from kuantan to taiping at speed of 120km/h mostly and made short stop to pee only and it has proven to be problem and overheating free..the trip is 495km and i made it with one full tank with about a quarter gauge to spare..i also once full blast the engine from kuala lumpur to kuantan via lebuhraya pantai timur, maintaining 170km/h from karak to kuantan..also problem free..however engine oil nearly dry out, i guess it's because i'm using rm38.00 20W/50 multi vis pennzoil engine oil..
then there u go, good testimonial!

which means it shud be ok, but then again this leaves me wondering, why does powerzone only state that their stroker kit is for 4g15, and not for 4g13? (i am NoT doubting ur testimonial in any way or what la :P)

ooo~ 12.4k....lolx tats alot haven plus labour, handling, brakes...etc..
so tofu sifu, roughly with 12.4k whp would b how much?
not sure, but give or take 15x hp to 16x hp at crank, not whp (rough guess only)

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
oic...seems like there is a limit for 4g15 hm...no money now...T.T
anyway, putting twin weber better or bot better?
now i m overhauling my engine, should i port polish? can i add a bigger piston like from 1.8 engine or gti??

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
afmarsyal,

one question... u rebore 1.3 block to fit in 1.5 pistons

how much to do that?

there is always a debate on changing to 1.5 block is always cheaper than reboring

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
oic...seems like there is a limit for 4g15 hm...no money now...T.T
anyway, putting twin weber better or bot better?
now i m overhauling my engine, should i port polish? can i add a bigger piston like from 1.8 engine or gti??
putting in twin weber better or bot better? which one do u like??? urs is efi? it boils down to ur budget, and ur preference

overhaul engine? if ur engine is still stock, yeah u can do a light port and polish, just do some intake / exhaust gasket matching, skim the head to bump up the compression a bit

bigger piston, yeah u can find oversized 4g15 piston, a 76mm one will bump up ur cc by a bit only, about 2x to 3x cc i think, lazy to count liao

1st of all....as many times it has been stated, put down ur budget la dude, if no budget then i recommend u to upgrade to a veyron, looks good, goes fast

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends,

Need advise, can we swap 4G92 meter box with proton 1.8/1.6 meter box??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience