Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
pek ur head laa :mad:
why so tulan la unker??... ringan how much adi??...

why so angri?.. went up heavier than your went down?:biggrin:
haha... oopss...

hey guys wanted to know 4g13p can plug and play on 4g91 throttle body?

and wanted to know if changin the throttle body need to tune again the emanage?
4g13p can fit throttle bodies are from 4g92p and 4g63p sohc (perdana sei)...

best of coz do fine tune ups wif ur emanage if u have it...

onli da gearbox
can... no problem... but if wira gearbox plonk into saga iswara, there is a mounting at the bottom cannot fasten coz wira gearbox dun have da mounting...

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
hey skywalker~

thx for ur reply will look into it. which means this 2 tb can plug and play rite ?

and wanted to know wat else i can mod on my 4g13p.

i change pipercam 4g15 camshaft, adj cam pulley[arospeed], emanage, fuel regulator [arospeed] , redline 10.mm plug cable, iridium spark plug [forget the brand] , light weight crank pulley, k&n cone air filter.

thinking to spend another 400Rm below for new mod. new or 2nd hand. stuff.

can be the stroker kit 4g15 2nd hand can be easy found to plug in 4g13p. like those powerzone selling?

vancapone

Oct 6, 2008
hey guys, if my car is a year 2000 satria 1.3 injection. will it be using MMC or VDO ecu?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
hey skywalker~

thx for ur reply will look into it. which means this 2 tb can plug and play rite ?

i change pipercam 4g15 camshaft, adj cam pulley[arospeed], emanage, fuel regulator [arospeed] , redline 10.mm plug cable, iridium spark plug [forget the brand] , light weight crank pulley, k&n cone air filter.

can be the stroker kit 4g15 2nd hand can be easy found to plug in 4g13p. like those powerzone selling?
4g15 difference from 4g13 is the bore (piston) size, 75mm vs. 71mm i think, crank same, 82mm

powerzone is selling the 4g18 crank, 87.3mm, piston is 76mm

learnt that 4g18 stroker kit is only for 4g15

rm400...u got an aftermarket header/extractor?

i

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
yes forget to mantion . 4-2-1 and bullet original piping and stright pipe exhaust.

someone told me powerzone 4g15 1.6cc stroker kit can plug n play on 4g13p engine but the price almost can change 4g91 engine :(

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
u can see also on the powerzone site itself and in their advertisements, the stroker kit is for 4g15s only, read that this could be due to block thickness differing between 4g13/5, but ive not measured it myself

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i have come across many ppl saying "Why spend so much?? Why not just plonk in a MIVEC or a 1.8 engine?"

OK... right.. you are spending more or less the same amount of money at that particular moment for the engine transplant job. You have not do any rebuild or recond job to the engine yet. Maybe just change the timing belt n some wear n tear parts. And you get more power ratio to the money spent.

well, here's what i observed or noticed over the years... most ppl that decide on engine transplant dont usually keep their car long. WHich end up selling it off for another car with stock settings. THe reasons are mainly :

1. Difficult to find spareparts (mostly can get halfcut only)
2. New parts are much more expensive
3. Problems keep coming in if u do not know how to maintain it. Cos it is not stock spec anymore.
4. After a while you feel that your engine bay looks like a halfcut shop with all the parts bolted here n there, wires flying around.
5. Once your car break down, it will usually end up in the workshop for a few days. Making u walk to work if u do not have a spare transportation.
6. You might need to modify parts in order to fit into your car, and for that u might have reliability issues.
7. Getting the engine into your car is just the beginning, u will have to take care of abang J, then your suspension n brakes also need to upgrade. Which will result in higher cost.
8. etc etc etc... ppl who experienced it know it best.

On the other hand, by rebuidling the stock engine to a better spec u will get better reliability id done the correct way. Here are some points to highlight:

1. You do not have to worry about JPJ. EVerything looks the same on the engine bay.
2. You get better power delivery, hence better FC and reliability.
3. Everything is done one shot, so u do not need to worry on parts breaking down cos the engine is like new after the rebuild.
4. You are still paying the same cheap price for parts like gaskets, oil seals, o-rings, etc etc. Maybe u'll need better spec parts for your engine, but still cheap.
5. You have the advantage of a light engine producing higher power, which is good for pickup and handling.
6. Brakes and suspension upgrade can come in later as u do not need to do any inspection.
7. The best thing is, after u have tapau a 1.6 or 1.8 or 2.0.. u can show your 1.5 engine bay to ppl :proud: Hahahaha!!

Just to share my thoughts and views on engine modification. :driver:

Last edited:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
Tofu:: But I think if u change strocker kit the Forman will ask u to port and polish right? So should be can fix in!? Well I not sure cuz around my friend only I drive 4g13p n so I not sure how much the cost for it !!I know very expensive :(

Khguan : agree what u said I like that. Cuz I had win neo on pick up but close 100km/h that time already lose but happy with it:0

But still myvi are fast :(

Btw get racing clutch is it worth for my mod now?? Cuz now I using normal exedy clutch

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
port and polish is related to the engine head le, nothing to do with fitting in the crank or pistons

but if the head is already off when u are reboring ur engine block, then u can do a bit of port polishing, which is normally better to be done by pros la

how big a piston u can put in is related to how thick the cylinder wall is

stroker kit about rm 1500 and above these days, not including labour charges etc. etc.

the stroker kit is worth it, i feel...itwill make ur engine feel a lot more torquey at the low end, even tho it is just a 100cc difference, more the reason being the long stroke of the crank, bringing the powerband sweetspot earlier

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hey skywalker~

rm400 ar??... not much u can do since cheap 1st stage mods u had done already... save up more for more serious modifications...

hey guys, if my car is a year 2000 satria 1.3 injection. will it be using MMC or VDO ecu?
should be mmc ecu... a quick photo of ur engine bay can tell if its mmc or svdo...

someone told me powerzone 4g15 1.6cc stroker kit can plug n play on 4g13p engine but the price almost can change 4g91 engine :(
powerzone 1.6 stroker kit cost rm2k without installation... means cash n carry....

Tofu:: But I think if u change strocker kit the Forman will ask u to port and polish right? So should be can fix in!? Well I not sure cuz around my friend only I drive 4g13p n so I not sure how much the cost for it !!I know very expensive :(

Khguan : agree what u said I like that. Cuz I had win neo on pick up but close 100km/h that time already lose but happy with it:0

But still myvi are fast :(

Btw get racing clutch is it worth for my mod now?? Cuz now I using normal exedy clutch
if u fit stroker kit, recommended to do port polish as well... even without stroker kit, with highcams also recommended to do port polish to improve the flow efficiency....

if ur clutch is not due yet and its not slipping, dont need to change first lor... use until its due for replacement, recommended to get ST flywheel and 1.6 clutch plate + cover....

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
if u are getting the stroker kit done... it is recommended to do all one shot... since everything already dismantled... u save the labour cost... but u have to take out a big lump sump of money la... which will cost u about RM6-7k kautim everything...

i did a wira SE complete from stock to fully done up 4G15... cost RM6xxx.. the owner so satisfied... he is now waiting for my to complete my engine head job so that we can go dyno together... all his frens kena poisoned... hahaha... even those who drive MIVEC also kena poisoned from his car...

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
My is 2k satria i think like urs and my mech said mine is MMC.

thanks all the sifu info, sound like is about time to get 5k or 6k >.<

but is seems to can get 4g91 engine haha >.< if one shot bring all money out sure mind will go to get a engine.. >.<

Exedy racing cluth no good ahh??? i think for 1.5 CC also.
[skywalker will follow ur words wait my clutch finish 1st, but still long way to go i think no more den 1 years yet and i feel the clutch are fine]

well i feel wanna go for port and polish but dunno where to go and dunno how much??

by the way i saw one forum they said about this mod.

Toyota KE30 ENGINE LINER 75mm X 4
4g15 PISTON RING (STD) size 75.5mm 1set
4g15 PISTON 1set

然后将你的车4g13 BLOCK 那去车床店
叫那人将toyota ke30 liner装进 4g13的BLOCK 里
然后再叫他磨那个liner直到4g15 的piston 的size .

like above mod can really no need to think about stucker kit or still?

and where can get best tuner, cuz my emanage that i bring to tune, and they run dyno on 4th gears. and tune... is it correct? and i ask the mech and the mech told me, they tune by 3rd gear but dyno 4th gear. is it correct?

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if u are getting the stroker kit done... it is recommended to do all one shot... since everything already dismantled... u save the labour cost... but u have to take out a big lump sump of money la... which will cost u about RM6-7k kautim everything...

i did a wira SE complete from stock to fully done up 4G15... cost RM6xxx.. the owner so satisfied... he is now waiting for my to complete my engine head job so that we can go dyno together... all his frens kena poisoned... hahaha... even those who drive MIVEC also kena poisoned from his car...
bro... ur friend wira SE is svdo rite??... using any piggyback ecu??...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
SE of cos SVDO lo...

SVDO is will not benefit from any piggyback ECUs as the ECU will compensate the tunings back to stock settings. Standalone or ECU rechip is the only way.

he is using the stock ECU niah... the engine started so smoothly and quietly after i fix everything back into one piece... the ECU retunes itself to take the new engine mechanical tunings...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
SE of cos SVDO lo...

SVDO is will not benefit from any piggyback ECUs as the ECU will compensate the tunings back to stock settings. Standalone or ECU rechip is the only way.

he is using the stock ECU niah... the engine started so smoothly and quietly after i fix everything back into one piece... the ECU retunes itself to take the new engine mechanical tunings...
means stock svdo ecu manage to cope with the extra 100cc increase in displacement??... den why mechanics all around say mmc good while svdo no good??.... mmc needs further tuning while svdo jz adapt itself to the new setting....:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So I wake up early from my hotel room (Well, not so early at 9.30AM I had a long night the other day) I enjoyed my morning breakfast buffet at Copthorne, they served mainly German food such as bratwurst (german sausage), ham, bacon, smoked salmon and various choices. Pretty nice food coming from a 4 1/2 star hotel I would say and at 18 Euros, its not that bad at all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience