problem engaging 1st & 2nd gear

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
bros, i've been experiencing this problem since a month ago, had been unable to shift into 1st and 2nd at times.. gotta release clutch/free the gear/changet into higher gears then only it's able shift into desired gears

e.g. -wanting to shift into 2nd, found that gear's stuck
-gotta move into 3rd again/move the gear into free position/release and
depress the clutch again then only i'll be able to shift into 2nd

anybody knows what's wrong with the car? i'm driving a 1.5(M) wira btw, 9 years old car.. thanks and appreciate any replies

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
hmm....there are many factor of tis.....1st of all yr car is oredi 9 years....maybe yr gearbox jamm oredi......then oso might be yr clutch pad finish oredi......or long time din change gear oil.....

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
yeah.. most probably is ur clutch pad bro.. go have it check with ya foreman.. possibly gear oil very dirty oredi oso.. long time didn change.. :regular_smile:

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
First and foremost before you do anything to gearbox , try flushing your gearbox oil. Change a new oil.Any workshop able to do this.Wait for 2-3days of driving.Then after that if doesnt solve , perhaps its clutch pad problem.

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
clutch pad had been changed last year, guess it's the gear box oil then.. will change asap n c how things goes.. thanks guys!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro noob, another tip for you. Since you say 1st and 2nd gear hard to engage. Does this happens to 3, 4 and 5 gear ?

You can try to check the gear syncroniser. Did i get the spelling rite ? this component is use to syncronize the gear you are about to engage with the rotating gear if our car don't have this. each gear engagement will be rough and noisy.

Eg. some times it hard to engage reverse gear rite ? this is because of the gear syncroniser not syncroniser with the gear.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apologize for the thread.

Had been driving Civic FD for 5 years and decided to change. It had been months but I still can't decide between the W204 AMG and IS250. Pricing wise both bout the same but how bout the performance, comfort and maintainance? Any feedback highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience