PLS help ..my car is hunger for petrol...

ccc8910

Known Member
Jan 7, 2005
i m driving a wira a/b 1.5 auto year 2001...
wat i found out is the car really eat alot of petrol (for me)... last time when the petrol price still (rm1.62) ... i can only manage to go 250KM for RM50
worse...when nowdays (RM1.92) RM50 can onli go for 200KM....
izizt something wrong with the car?? i normally maintain the rpm below 3..city driving only..pls help...

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
change to 1.6 injection...saves more fuel on the long run...because u no need to press much on the accelerator...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
u can go try pump petrol RM10 for each brand of petrol

SHELL RM10
ESSO RM10
MOBIL RM10
CALTEX RM10
BP RM10
PROJET RM10

the combinations of all formula will give u the feeling

ccc8910

Known Member
Jan 7, 2005
gohkokeng said:
u can go try pump petrol RM10 for each brand of petrol

SHELL RM10
ESSO RM10
MOBIL RM10
CALTEX RM10
BP RM10
PROJET RM10

the combinations of all formula will give u the feeling
icic...but my frenz told me that he is going for 1 petrol (shell) onli...from the 1st day until now...he said mi the petrol will affect the engine?? is that true??

ccc8910

Known Member
Jan 7, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
try change new spark plugs and check ignition timing (i guess u got this answer in 4gtuner forum adi)....
and reset ur ecu...
yeap..i got advice from that forum also...thx man

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
ccc8910 said:
icic...but my frenz told me that he is going for 1 petrol (shell) onli...from the 1st day until now...he said mi the petrol will affect the engine?? is that true??

lol i was just kidding la.......me also use shell cause got BL link card and believe the SHELL so called claim their fuel "LEBIH KILOMETER"

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
auto? haiya normal la...if you drive slow-slow, actually you need extra torque to move when you changing lane or accelerate.if you use manual, OK la like taxi driver did.
my suggestion, change your drive habits. this is how i try to improve day to day..
from traffic light for long straight,press your acceleration harder so that your car cruise...then you don't need extra torque. in traffic, just relaxed..minimize acceleration. in hiway, try to maintain 90-100km/h..don't play with the pedal.
if you ganna travel very short distance, just relax..don't speed up.
OFF your engine when you need to wait more than a minutes.
change your D to N when you're at traffic light or not move.
ensure you use light oil at least 15W50 and change your auto oil every 20k km.
reduce your car load..change to std rims. or 14" just nice.
your tyre pressure always correct at 200/210kpa
when brought to the mechanic, please do normal service, change spark plug, tune BTDC at 6 to 8 deg. reduce CO% at optimize level.
change new original air filter.
if you're using after market exhaust, change to std unless you're using good proven exhaust system like hotbits etc.
if you wanna try the fuel saver products,you can try to install at 3 main element
(fuel, air and spark)..
e.g: increase your spark by changing to NGK racing spark cable and iridium plug.
use hi flow air filter like K@N or apexi filter for open pod.

good luck.

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
or better still, change to manual tranny...;). or change engine...4g91 or 4g92 (mivec if u want more power)...;)..

ccc8910

Known Member
Jan 7, 2005
ABV9750 said:
auto? haiya normal la...if you drive slow-slow, actually you need extra torque to move when you changing lane or accelerate.if you use manual, OK la like taxi driver did.
my suggestion, change your drive habits. this is how i try to improve day to day..
from traffic light for long straight,press your acceleration harder so that your car cruise...then you don't need extra torque. in traffic, just relaxed..minimize acceleration. in hiway, try to maintain 90-100km/h..don't play with the pedal.
if you ganna travel very short distance, just relax..don't speed up.
OFF your engine when you need to wait more than a minutes.
change your D to N when you're at traffic light or not move.
ensure you use light oil at least 15W50 and change your auto oil every 20k km.
reduce your car load..change to std rims. or 14" just nice.
your tyre pressure always correct at 200/210kpa
when brought to the mechanic, please do normal service, change spark plug, tune BTDC at 6 to 8 deg. reduce CO% at optimize level.
change new original air filter.
if you're using after market exhaust, change to std unless you're using good proven exhaust system like hotbits etc.
if you wanna try the fuel saver products,you can try to install at 3 main element
(fuel, air and spark)..
e.g: increase your spark by changing to NGK racing spark cable and iridium plug.
use hi flow air filter like K@N or apexi filter for open pod.

good luck.
wow thx bro for all the details...i thing i m doubt is..i heard my mention mention that dont always change the gear from D to N ...coz is not good for the gearbox...is that true?? thx in advance..:regular_smile:

ccc8910

Known Member
Jan 7, 2005
aku_sangap said:
or better still, change to manual tranny...;). or change engine...4g91 or 4g92 (mivec if u want more power)...;)..
war..kenot ler..still student...no $$$ lehh :Not_Impressed:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
With new price, RM 50 for 200km is normal la.

BECAUSE u get less petrol for the same price!

Calculation:

RM 50 = 250km (@ 1.62) or RM 0.20 per km
RM 50 = 200km (@ 1.92) or RM 0.25 per km

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
15W50 oil?
thats too high viscosity liao
wanna save petrol u should use 30 if possible
never use mineral...use semi or if best full synthetic
i think full synthetic got no 30...so use 40
=)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience